Test drive 2: the Duel

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well I have in my hot little hands a copy of the for mentioned game.

The trouble is I need to find an emulator that runs in 10.3..

any one have any Idea where I can find one I have wasted far to much time looking and keep coming up with dead ends and broken links.

any help.. would uhm help.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    uh, what system? sorry, out of the gaming loop for a while
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I'm guessing System 6 or 7.

That said, you probably want vMac!

Quote:

vMac is a Macintosh emulator that currently emulates a Motorola 68000 based Apple Macintosh Plus. A ROM image from a Plus is required, we plan to implement other 68000 machines, such as SEs and II series. Currently System 7.5.5 is the latest vMac can boot, which is the latest System a real MacPlus can boot. vMac runs in black an white, a larger screen and color is the next thing we are working on.

• Reply 3 of 7
    Yeah I think its system seven, I've been to that vMac page but non of the down load links work.. any other options?

flick.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    can you dl it straight from vt?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Ok,

here is the Newest problem, I have vMac but is say I need a vMac.rom. it also says to consult the included manual to find out where to get this thing.. sadly the manual won't open in anything I've thrown at it.. and when clicked on it fires up Classic, which I don't have.. thoughts?

flick.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Ok,

here is the Newest problem, I have vMac but is say I need a vMac.rom.

Unfortunately, you need to copy the ROM off of a real Classic Mac or you will have to pirate one.

Then, you'll also need the actual System software.

It's not an easy task getting it all to work together... \
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Bah I say.

flick.