Whats with my G4 tower

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok! here is the deal! i aam running a G4|400Mhz connected by a crossover cabel to my airport bas station (current version) the network shares my DSL with the G4 and my Ti800Mhz and occasionally I Appleshare files with my Tibook, otherwise thats all!

The problems are:

1) When I start up when my desktop appears it the tower sits there like a dumb **** for 3 mins and then everything appears and I can get to work..

2) Coming out of sleep is the same deal but my Keyboard hangs???

3)Acting very strange, I dare not do too much with it as it seems slow!

Had a computer tech come around he reinstalled everything checked it out, but it is acting like this!!!

Anyone got any ideas??? Its driving me mad!

And My mum has moved from her dell to the MAC and the way the mac is acting she is getting very annoyed :confused:

Any ideas?? Who can help! Comment would be great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Oh I forgot to mention that: Yeah I am using OS9....

OSX on the Tibook!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    On the OS9 machine make sure there is nothing in the "servers" folder (system folder>servers). If there is something there teh computer is trying to connect to that alias and if the other machine is not on or the ip has changed there is nothing to connect to. This could be what is causing your tower to hang on start up.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Go C-man!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I used to have that same problem so i just wrote an applescript to empty the servers folder on shutdown. Worked great till I found a better solution... OS X