OnyX- Changs desktop Exposé effect

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The latest version of OnyX changes the desktop expose option from moving all the windows off the screen to a small box on the corner of the screen. I found this cool/useful and thought I would just pass this along to you folks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    This isn't new, (it could be enabled through one of the Dock's plist files, as I recall), but the OnyX shell for enabling it apparently is.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I don't see that as part of the options in the latest build, am I missing something?

Which setting is it?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bacchus_2003

I don't see that as part of the options in the latest build, am I missing something?

Which setting is it?

It's not, it's a system modification that can be activated through command line or OnyX.

Not something you can just enable and disable in system preferences.

I wouldn't recommend enabling it though, the command line is pretty lengthy and the feature is still very buggy...that's why it wasn't included in 10.3.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Really? I use it all the time with no problems. I hope they work out whatever bugs it has and officially releases it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Depending on where you have the box minimize too you might not notice the most annoying bug. Wherever the the little window is you can no longer click there, for example move a window underneath where the animation would minimize to a see that you can't click in that area anymore. The other bug, which is a little more rare is the window server freezes completely.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    Quote:

The other bug, which is a little more rare is the window server freezes completely.

Happened to me the other day, I was like WTF!? Had to force Restart...

Mac Guru
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Screenshots? yes? thank you?