G5 PowerBooks = unreal?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
maybe there are other threads about this... but people are mentioning the arrival of G5 Powerbooks in 2005? Isn't that a bit unreal? I figured that the chips in G5 would burn through my pants if it were a laptop. I figured that it would be more realistic of dual-G4 powerbooks came out before G5's... right?

I heard Apple & some liquid-cooling company joined up or something...? Can someone update me about this also?

Thanks,

deunan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by deunan

maybe there are other threads about this... but people are mentioning the arrival of G5 Powerbooks in 2005? Isn't that a bit unreal? I figured that the chips in G5 would burn through my pants if it were a laptop. I figured that it would be more realistic of dual-G4 powerbooks came out before G5's... right?

I heard Apple & some liquid-cooling company joined up or something...? Can someone update me about this also?

Thanks,

deunan

If you use the search function, you will come up with all the information you need. glad I could help.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Didn't I here this same crap when the G4 first came out.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cylon

Didn't I here this same crap when the G4 first came out.

About using the search function?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

About using the search function?

No, I think he is talking about the Lap Broiler.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    The problem isn't the G5 chip itself; it's the system controller chip that is a major source of heat. A dual G4 wouldn't really be much better unless it was a dual-core chip, but we haven't seen anything real pointing to those.

This has been discussed many times here. Just browse the forums for a while and you'll find 'em.