Ok, I just retired the SE T616

homhom
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
If you've read any of my posts in DH for the last few months, you'd know that I've been looking to retire my Sony Ericsson T616. I just did. I placed my order with Handspring for a GSM Treo 600. It should get here in a week or two. I am extremely excited. The keyboard, GPRS, and Cingular's new MEdia packages just made it too good to pass up. So, I guess I'll use this thread to document my experiences with the new toy. Does anyone have one? Any must have Palm software?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

If you've read any of my posts in DH for the last few months, you'd know that I've been looking to retire my Sony Ericsson T616. I just did. I placed my order with Handspring for a GSM Treo 600. It should get here in a week or two. I am extremely excited. The keyboard, GPRS, and Cingular's new MEdia packages just made it too good to pass up. So, I guess I'll use this thread to document my experiences with the new toy. Does anyone have one? Any must have Palm software?

How is it?

Do they make a Bluetooth card for it yet?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    I am definitely ready to dump my T616. When I got it I loved it, especially with Salling Clicker. Now I almost hate it and miss the OS of the Nokia phones. It is slow, locks-up and seems like I need to go through a million clicks to get anywhere in the phone. I am looking forward to a good review.

_thedustin
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

I am definitely ready to dump my T616. When I got it I loved it, especially with Salling Clicker. Now I almost hate it and miss the OS of the Nokia phones. It is slow, locks-up and seems like I need to go through a million clicks to get anywhere in the phone. I am looking forward to a good review.

_thedustin

I'm sorry you've had that experience. My T616 has never locked up or been slow by any standard. I also prefer the interface to Nokia's.

I also plan to upgrade to the Treo, however, but i'm waiting for PalmOne to drop the antenna and build-in bluetooth. If it can't fit in my coat pocket, it's completely useless.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    SonyEricsson phones suck...I've had both a T68 and T610 and if I held my hand in the wrong position they would lose signal...sure they are loaded with nice features...but if I have trouble making/recieving phone calls on my PHONE...it isn't worth it
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slotracer152

SonyEricsson phones suck...I've had both a T68 and T610 and if I held my hand in the wrong position they would lose signal...sure they are loaded with nice features...but if I have trouble making/recieving phone calls on my PHONE...it isn't worth it

My T68i did lose it's signal frequently, but only after I dropped it in the sink. Even then, At&t gave me a new one, no questions asked. My T616 has worked flawlessly for about a year and a half. You guys do realize that if your phone doesn't get a signal, then it's probably a faulty unit and you're entitled to an exchange, right?

I have heard that some of the earlier SE models had a manufacturing defect that basically resulted in a crumby connection between the receiver and the internal antenna. But as I said, if you get an SE and are unhappy with the reception, send it back!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I just got a T616 a few months ago and I've been very happy with it. I like the OS (only a few small things I would tweak) and I get great signal strength. It's much smaller than juat about any Palm OS phone too. Personally, I don't need the added size and weight for data entry or additional apps. I only use it for the phone book and cal. Plus it synchs great over iSync.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Any must have Palm software?

Bejeweled.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I've just never been a fan of SE phones...if you take your hand and cover the top of the phone...the signal disappears

I'm sticking to my Samsungs...or possibly a Nokia if the right one comes along