iTunes jewel inserts sized weird?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I printed a few out, just to see what's what and they fall far short of the 4.75" x 4.75" I see jewel case inserts being (both music CDs and the generic ones that come in CD-R blanks you buy at Staples or Target).

I measured them and they were more like 4.25" square, meaning they won't slide under the four little clips securely and will simply "float" (and fall out) when you open the jewel case. I didn't have my Page Setup settings scaled down or anything weird like that either.

Anyone else confirm this (or tell me what I'm doing wrong).

4.75" always seems to be the size needed to fit and nicely fill up the front of a CD jewel case and sit below the four tabs so it kinda stays put.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    is this printing thing only available for the itunes store? it would be nice to be able to do that for your own mixes, etc. how does it work? sorry im no help to u but i thought ide ask in here instead of starting a whole new thread.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    That is stupid if it's not a printing error of some kind, but maybe if it is like that, you could just cut extra white space to keep them locked in place.\
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member
    I just printed a jewel insert on Windows, and it seems sized right.

Did you go to the Preview first, and then print from there? I've run into a similar issue using iDress (label printing software). If I preview it first and print from the preview, it's slightly too small. If I print it straight from the application, it's fine.

(And it works for any playlist.)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well they do include crop marks for accurately cutting to size and all...as though they've thought long and hard about it.

But it's just a goofy size...a good .5" short each way, to be really useful.

Why make something so blatantly smaller than every jewel case known to man. Those are a pretty standard, fixed size, right?

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious or don't get it.

• Reply 5 of 5
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    4.75" square here...

Mebbe you got 'fit to page' clicked or something?