"It's the music stupid," SJ quote on a Video iPod rumors.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Jobs addressed two rumors that have been circulating -- one very old rumor about the future of the iPod becoming a video device or something more akin to an iPhone and the second more recent rumor about coming price hikes at the iTunes Music Store.

"The price for songs on the iTunes store will remain at $0.99, said Jobs. "We think that's what customers want and that's what we're delivering -- any rumors to the contrary are simply not true."

On the rumored video iPod or other such device, Jobs made his position very clear.

"It's the music stupid," said Jobs. "We have to stay focused on the fact that people are buying these devices to listen to music. We are really focused on music because that's where we think the revolution is.

source

I've been saying this forever. What's the freaking point of a video iPod. It's a totally useless device. What?.. You want to watch movie trailers on it? Are you stupid! Yeah... Apple is going to make huge money selling movie trailers that are freely downloadable. Not to mention totally wasted efforts putting an LCD screen in one just to make it all the more expensive. Brilliant idea.

So can we put a stop to the ridiculous Video iPod threads now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Well, I don't want to watch video's on an iPod, but I would love a device that would allow me to take my songs, pics, and home movies with me so that I could play them on my mothers TV screen or hook into her stereo. I want a device similar to the iPod, that will do all this. I don't want to see it on a little tiny screen, and I don't want to lug along my laptop.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    News Comments or (preferably) Digital Hub, please.

Thanks.