iBook rubber feet...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I lost one of my rubber feet on my iBook today.

What should I do about this?

Thanks,

Steve.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Go to apple store and they should replace it or they will give you a kit to do it yourself.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Go to apple store and they should replace it or they will give you a kit to do it yourself.

• Reply 3 of 8
    give or sell? They actually give it out free?

Must it be an Apple Store like the official kind? (I'd have to go up to Tysons)

Thanks for the help
  • Reply 4 of 8
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

give or sell? They actually give it out free?

Must it be an Apple Store like the official kind? (I'd have to go up to Tysons)

Thanks for the help

I am not sure any other place who gives the feet out except for the apple store. What I heard they sell. But, I heard of people negotiating for free. The people at tysons are generally nice and good luck.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i've had quite a few replaced, always for free, but that's just because they were being nice.

if it doesn't look completely beat up, in my experience it's free.

just ask nice.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

I am not sure of any other place who gives the feet out, except for the Apple Store. I have heard that they are sold their, and some people even negotiate to get them for free. The people at Tysons are generally nice, so good luck.

Corrections are added in bold lettering. Wait, I edited the whole thing, which means it is all bold...yep.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Quote:

I am not sure of any other place who gives the feet out, except for the Apple Store. I have heard that they are sold their, and some people even negotiate to get them for free. The people at Tysons are generally nice, so good luck.

Corrections are added in bold lettering. Wait, I edited the whole thing, which means it is all bold...yep.

You used the wrong "there." You don't say that they are sold "their," you say that they are sold "there."

Double check before correcting someone's grammar.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

You used the wrong "there." You don't say that they are sold "their," you say that they are sold "there."

Double check before correcting someone's grammar.
    [/QUOTE]

BURN!!!!

Even though AppleCare doesn't cover "cosmetic damage", I'm sure they will be a lot better about replacing those troublesome little feet if you have AppleCare.