How do you take your coffee?

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I like it strong and bitter with a little bit of half and half.

You?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 76
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I'm not too picky. I'll drink it black if I have to. But normally I add a little bit of sugar and, if cream or milk is available, I'll add that too. I'm talking about home brew or the free coffee at work. Starbucks, on the otherhand, takes a whole lot more of the sugar/cream to cut the acidity. Even some of their more mild coffee is a little too strong.
  • Reply 2 of 76
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Double Mocha, no whipped cream, sprinkled chocolate. I used to like Drip coffee in High school, but now I get really bad heartburn from it.
  • Reply 3 of 76
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Expresso, black with one sugar.
  • Reply 4 of 76
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Just a little milk, thanks.

And keep it coming.
  • Reply 5 of 76
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    I like my coffee like I like my women.

Ground up and in the freezer.
  • Reply 6 of 76
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I'm with Powerdoc, but make mine a doppio.

Then give me two.
  • Reply 7 of 76
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    As much as I wanted to say "I like my coffee like my women, hot and blond," I don't like hot drinks. I like coffee best when it's strong with some half&half and cold.
  • Reply 8 of 76
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i like ice coffee, but when it's hot, some half&half, and a little sugar
  • Reply 9 of 76
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I don't.

Nick
  • Reply 10 of 76
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Coffee. A nice, uncontroversial topic.

Well...at Starbuck's I order a Venti mocha.

At Denny's - where they have fairly strong coffee - I drink the first two cups black. Then the last two cups I'll add a pkg. of sweetener and two half and half's. I like having their scram slam once a week while reading the paper - that's why so many coffees. That's really the only time I get to read the paper. And it's nice not having to cook and then clean up. (I was raised with servants...heh...I'm not kidding. )

At home, I drink it black only. I brew four cups and then pour it into a large stein-type glass that holds the whole four cupsful. I got into that habit when I would sit with my dog on the top step of stairs going down to the sand on a beach in Oregon. I didn't want to keep going back to the cottage to refill my coffee cup, so I bought *huge* steins to hold the whole potful.

I always grind the beans right before making coffee. I like the Eight O'Clock regular coffee beans. Not too strong, but just right. The beans are a nice medium brown - not those super-dark, bitter ones.

In Brazil I did love those little cafesinos. Yum. Strong, dark, with rich cream. I like cafe au lait sometimes.

I can't stand coffee unless it's fresh that very moment. Even one minute old is *too old*. hahaha (WHAT? Me, picky? Naaahhh. )
  • Reply 11 of 76
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Coffee. A nice, uncontroversial topic.

Well...at Starbuck's I order a Venti mocha.

What, you go to Starbuck's!? Chain whore! Don't you know how they displace the small etc. etc. blah blah blah?

Quote:

At home, I drink it black only. I brew four cups and then pour it into a large stein-type glass that holds the whole four cupsful. I got into that habit when I would sit with my dog on the top step of stairs going down to the sand on a beach in Oregon. I didn't want to keep going back to the cottage to refill my coffee cup, so I bought *huge* steins to hold the whole potful.

I always grind the beans right before making coffee. I like the Eight O'Clock regular coffee beans. Not too strong, but just right. The beans are a nice medium brown - not those super-dark, bitter ones.

In Brazil I did love those little cafesinos. Yum. Strong, dark, with rich cream. I like cafe au lait sometimes.

I can't stand coffee unless it's fresh that very moment. Even one minute old is *too old*. hahaha (WHAT? Me, picky? Naaahhh. ) [/B]

Exactly right. Coffee must be prepared with fresh ground beans.

I've been using a Braun carafe coffee maker, but I'm thinking about switching back to a French Press (sorry, Freedom Press) cause I just sort of dig the process.

OTOH, the time it take to get up an heat the water are those precious few seconds I could be in bed, so we'll see....
  • Reply 12 of 76
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Expresso, black with one sugar.

I like Powerdoc's coffee, except I spell it Espresso.
  • Reply 13 of 76
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Marylin Monroe.

Large House Coffee blond and sweet (cream and 2 sugars).
  • Reply 14 of 76
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I hated coffee until I was about 21, and everyone drank it during coffee breaks (yeah, go figure). I had a few cups and started to like it... but with Coffee Mate only (whitener).

I guess it's because I started drinking it that way, but I cannot STAND coffee with milk in it. I like my coffee with as much artificial shit in it as possible. Whitener and sweetener (Sugar Twin) for me in my coffee.
  • Reply 15 of 76
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Double Double.
  • Reply 16 of 76
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i take it clear, with a tea bag or two...
  • Reply 17 of 76
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I hated coffee until I was about 21, and everyone drank it during coffee breaks (yeah, go figure). I had a few cups and started to like it... but with Coffee Mate only (whitener).

I guess it's because I started drinking it that way, but I cannot STAND coffee with milk in it. I like my coffee with as much artificial shit in it as possible. Whitener and sweetener (Sugar Twin) for me in my coffee.

Hi Murbot -

I could *NEVER* have made it through college without coffee.

Every time I had a paper due or a Russian test to study for, I had to stay up the entire night. In fact, I wouldn't even start studying until 10pm, because I knew I had a good ten hours (i.e. the entire night...of no sleep) at my disposal. I tried NOT to do this, but after a while I gave up, and staying up all night became a way of life for four years. I guess I had to do that at least once a week.
  • Reply 18 of 76
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I used to drink a lot of coffee, but I haven't had any for about 4 months. However when I did drink it, I generally took it with sugar.
  • Reply 19 of 76
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm 24 and I don't drink coffee. The closest thing to it that I drink are the cappuchinos from Quick Trip, a local convenience store. I don't really count that though, and I don't have them very often.
  • Reply 20 of 76
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    2 pots of coffee with a shot of regular milk (no sugar) in the morning. When I drink a coffee in the office (rarely), I take it 'bare': black without sugar. After lunch, sometimes a cappuccino or an espresso with one sugar.