whoooOOOOPS!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"Gun safety presenter shoots self

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun safety presentation to children in what police describe as an accident. His bosses, however, are still investigating the incident.

The Drug Enforcement Administration agent, whose name was not released, was speaking April 9 to about 50 adults and students organized by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association, witnesses and police said.

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to the police report. He then pulled back the slide and asked an audience member to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded.

Witnesses said when the agent released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh. The gun was pointed at the floor.

The agent was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center and returned to work, a DEA official said."

...to the butt of other agents jokes...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    He'll never carry a piece on the job again.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Why was the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association holding a gun safety event?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    silentechoessilentechoes Posts: 288member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

To show just one of the many scenarios of what could happen when the safty is off of course.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Good thing he didn't shoot one of the kids.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Just remember: guns aren't dangerous, people are dangerous.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Because you never know when you might have to shoot your way out of a sand trap?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    nice shetline

just remember, guns don't shoot people in the leg, people shoot people in the leg
  • Reply 8 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    link to article?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    wow, being below the mason-dixon, I would have expectred his last words to be "hold my beer and watch this"
  • Reply 10 of 10
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

wow, being below the mason-dixon, I would have expectred his last words to be "hold my beer and watch this"

No self-respecting Southerner would ask someone to hold his beer while firing a gun. Maybe a cigarette, since the smoke will get in your eyes sometimes.

But never a beer.