iTunes Music Store giving errors

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
At first I thought this was due to high traffic for the free songs, but I doubt iTunes has been swamped for the past four days.

Whenever I try to do a search on the music store, or whenever I try to add something to my cart, I get an error (usually error -206). Clicking on my shopping cart tells me, "Could not complete the Music Store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later."

What's the problem? How do I fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    I agree there are many problems, but I think it's due to higher traffic. Basically everyone is going to be on at least once a day now for the free download. I do find everything to be faster late at night rather during the day.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

I do find everything to be faster late at night rather during the day.

Key word "faster." Anything is faster than totally stopped. Sure, I'd like it to be fast, but I don't even care if it's slow just so long as it works.

I get errors whenever I try to search or add things to my cart. And I have tried late at night as well with no change in results.

So, assuming there is high traffic that is so busy it completely blocks me out of using the store, other people should be having problems as well. Anyone else having problems using the music store? I don't just mean slowness, I mean problems like mine where you can't do anything other than click on links within the store without getting an error message.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

At first I thought this was due to high traffic for the free songs, but I doubt iTunes has been swamped for the past four days.

Whenever I try to do a search on the music store, or whenever I try to add something to my cart, I get an error (usually error -206). Clicking on my shopping cart tells me, "Could not complete the Music Store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later."

What's the problem? How do I fix this?

I has the same issue under windwos, the fix for me was re-install once and reboot 3 times
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I has the same issue under windwos, the fix for me was re-install once and reboot 3 times

Standard procedure right?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Weird. This morning, just a few minutes after I posted a reply to this thread, it started working. Got the free Counting Crows song just fine, and removed the other two "free" songs that I had tried to get a couple days ago and now cost $0.99.

Looks like it's back to working again. Hopefully. I am not sure if it'll do it again when I get back home for the day. Maybe once the "free song every day" thing stops and they start coming out with free songs on a weekly or monthly basis, it'll start working properly again.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Standard procedure right?

yup, I only wish i was kidding!