Skipping a final for a Cubs game

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You probably already have an idea what this is all about from the subject.

I'm skipping a final tomorrow to go to a Cubs game. Now the hard part, I need an excuse. I called my teacher today and told him that "something came up" but I don't know where to go from there.

I can use the "my grandma is in the hospital and dying" one, and I won't be lying...too much. Can anyone think of a better excuse for me to use, cause that one sounds a little bit far fetched, even if it is true.

My teacher is a pretty cool guy, and he likes me a lot too...so I don't think he'll have too much of a problem with me missing the test and making it up the next day, but I would feel a lot better if I had a valid reason to miss the class, just in case he doesn't like me missing the final too much.

Thanks for all the ideas y'all.

And stories of a similar nature are always welcome too.

GO CUBBIES

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What is your professor's name? I can send him an e-mail thanking him/her for letting you out of class.

Or a link to this thread, whichever I feel would be most humorous.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

What is your professor's name? I can send him an e-mail thanking him/her for letting you out of class.

Or a link to this thread, whichever I feel would be most humorous.

Hmmm...allow me to weigh the options here. Is this worth leaving it up to someone that I don't know, and if he does screw me over...I'll never be able to find so I can beat him senseless?

So tempting though, haha
  • Reply 3 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I bet you're just shitting your pants right about now... thinking back and trying to remember just how much information you're let out in your posts here. Your school? Classes? Will it really be that hard to track down your prof?

Ah, I can hear the fear sink in. Right there in the pit of your stomach. Not fun, is it. Is it punk?

• Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I bet you're just shitting your pants right about now... thinking back and trying to remember just how much information you're let out in your posts here. Your school? Classes? Will it really be that hard to track down your prof?

Ah, I can hear the fear sink in. Right there in the pit of your stomach. Not fun, is it. Is it punk?

You'd think I'd be more afraid, because I don't doubt that someone here could pretty easily track down my prof., but I honestly think he would laugh if he found out I went to a Cubs game, even though he's a Sox fan (for anyone who has experienced the hatred between Cubs and Sox fans, you would understand why that's a big deal.) However, on the outside chance that he wouldn't think it was funny, I'm trying to come up with excuses.

But now that I think about it more...I'm a little worried. Thanks for freaking me out, you suck!
  • Reply 5 of 16
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Aren't there other Cubs games and not other finals? You're going to totally waste someone's time, someone that you like, to go to a game that will be followed by many others this spring.

I'd fail you.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    you have finals at night?

todays game is a night game.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Skipping finals for a Cubs game??

I could understand if you did it for something more .. important. Such as a Fire game, or a good movie or something like that ...

P.S. I emailed your prof ... hope you odn't mind
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Yea it's not like it's the Sox or anything.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    For once I agree with Scott. Quit being shallow and go see a game later, once you're out of school.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Aren't there other Cubs games and not other finals? You're going to totally waste someone's time, someone that you like, to go to a game that will be followed by many others this spring.

I'd fail you.

i agree, but i hate sports but that's besides the point
  • Reply 11 of 16
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea it's not like it's the Sox or anything.

So righteous and indignant, aren't we? You'd fail him, huh? I'd fail anyone who thinks skipping a final for a White Sox game, is a more worthwhile venture than doing the same for a sunny day at Wrigley.

The White Sox suck and so do their white trash south side fans... not to mention, the worst park in ALL of baseball.

No, I'm not a Cubs fan.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    An MRI would show you more.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    So I came clean with my teacher, told him what was up when he called me.

He told me he would have done the same thing, and that I could make up the final later this week.

Too bad the Cubs lost
  • Reply 14 of 16
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Skipping class for a Cubs game ?

Beuller.... Beuller..... Beuller...

• Reply 15 of 16
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Bueller.... Bueller..... Bueller...

Fixed.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

So I came clean with my teacher, told him what was up when he called me.

He told me he would have done the same thing, and that I could make up the final later this week.

Too bad the Cubs lost

Your prof is the greatest and best teacher in the world. And you can quote me on that.