PowerBook just arrived...!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I can't believe how easy it was to install the internet---Carnegie Mellon University's wireless was detected & everything was automatic... Man i love this computer already...!!!!

AHHH, specs:

1.5 Ghz

1Gb Ram

SuperDrive

ATI Radeon 128mb

80Gb 5400 RPM...

TRIPLE w00tz0rz in your pants

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by deunan

I can't believe how easy it was to install the internet

You installed the internet in your computer?!?!?!?! Wha?!?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Do you iron your britches or somethen? or are you that anal about the specifics?

Anyways yeah man wireless setup is so easy, i'm not accustomed to your experience with our side of the tech fence, but just check out itunes sharing and you'll see ease of use the way it should be. No more hand holding setups and help screens. Just pure potential to do whatever you want as easy as possible. Be sure to get all the updates before you do too much, and make a backup cdr of all the quicken, and omni graffe stuff like that it comes with. When I got my Ti? in I had no idea what they were and deleting them thinking they were on the install disks and they were not. So now... yeah I'm screwed.

and congrats!
  • Reply 3 of 23
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Congrats, I should be in the same excited state sometime this week!
  • Reply 4 of 23
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I thought you had to register your MAC address on the netreg ( http://netreg.net.cmu.edu/ ) servers to have a permanent connection, no? Anyways, I can see your itunes share
  • Reply 5 of 23
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Congrats!

Maybe you want to take a few pics of you holding your new PowerBook for us to see?
  • Reply 6 of 23
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

Do you iron your britches or somethen? or are you that anal about the specifics?

Anyways yeah man wireless setup is so easy, i'm not accustomed to your experience with our side of the tech fence, but just check out itunes sharing and you'll see ease of use the way it should be. No more hand holding setups and help screens. Just pure potential to do whatever you want as easy as possible. Be sure to get all the updates before you do too much, and make a backup cdr of all the quicken, and omni graffe stuff like that it comes with. When I got my Ti? in I had no idea what they were and deleting them thinking they were on the install disks and they were not. So now... yeah I'm screwed.

and congrats!

I had to ... just log in.. that's all~ Normally on a PC you'd have to do Run>>CMD>>ipconfig /all ... get hardware address... write the hardwareaddress... log in ... type that out... i think maybe set up IP too or something... BLAH!!!! Mac was just full-auto... too dope!!!!
  • Reply 7 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

Iron my britches? No, I was just commenting on this installing the internet. That just makes no sense.

Congrats man! I love my powerbook and wifi on campuses is the best.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Now find all the flaws in it and post them here. Wax on and asking if you should have sent it back for a new one and them complain that Apple wont fix minor cosmetic problems
  • Reply 9 of 23
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    15" or 17"?

.. You bought it configured with 1gb of ram from -Apple-? \ Not smart.

- Xidius
  • Reply 10 of 23
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

you took the words right out of my mouth err... fingers...?
  • Reply 11 of 23
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Great... glad you love the PowerBook.

What's your previous computer?
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Great... glad you love the PowerBook.

What's your previous computer?

Definitely loving my PowerBook even more with every hour that passes by when I'm with it...

Previous computer was a non-mac. A Fujitsu LifeBook E7010. hahahaha... I have 2 iPods (2nd Generation + a mini), which have definitely influenced this decision. This is my official switch. :P
  • Reply 13 of 23
    Quote:

Definitely loving my PowerBook even more with every hour that passes by when I'm with it...

Previous computer was a non-mac. A Fujitsu LifeBook E7010. hahahaha... I have 2 iPods (2nd Generation + a mini), which have definitely influenced this decision. This is my official switch. :P

<_< ... >_> ... <_< ...

*cough* Um, Fifteen-inch or Seventeen-inch screen?

- Xidius
  • Reply 14 of 23
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

<_< ... >_> ... <_< ...

*cough* Um, Fifteen-inch or Seventeen-inch screen?

- Xidius

You and your quest for 17" lovers how far away is yours?

My 15" about 2 weeks..
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

You and your quest for 17" lovers how far away is yours?

My 15" about 2 weeks..

Just wanted to know if he would be having problems too, is all.

Gotta love them 15"ers.

- Xidius
  • Reply 16 of 23
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Congrats on the new PowerBook! Sounds like a great model (with the upgraded hard drive and graphics card). I'm slowly turning green here, people...

These new PowerBook (and iBooks) are really tight.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Thanks for your reply.

Fujitsu is the #1 computer maker in Japan..

Welcome to the Mac wonderland....

iPods are great! I have the 2nd Generation 10Gb one.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Just wanted to know if he would be having problems too, is all.

Gotta love them 15"ers.

- Xidius

There will be no problems ! you know 17" pbooks give you cancer right?
  • Reply 19 of 23
    I can't believe I switched. I can't believe how enthusiastic I am about Apple now. It's crazy.

I'm a computer technician @ Carnegie Mellon University (the nation's #1 CS school), and have always been anti-mac. As it turned out, all my computer-science friends surprisingly own PowerBooks... they all enticed me, and it finally hit me---macs just work. Simple as that. No bull. It just works.

My reasoning had always been that you can do everything you want with a mac on a PC, and also that 95% of computer-users use PCs. But after watching things like Pirates of Silicon Valley, and being impressed by exposé & Apple's wonderful use of it's graphics card (ie shifting backgrounds), i couldn't help it... i had to get one.

As it turns out, I've discovered so many more reasons why I should've gotten a mac in the first place. It's not just for the bells & whistles that lure you when you see it in the store---macs just work. Technical-support---you don't need it. They just work. I dunno how I can emphasize it any more.

Apples kick ass.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

15" or 17"?

.. You bought it configured with 1gb of ram from -Apple-? \ Not smart.

- Xidius

Actually, it is a great way to keep the resale value high on that machine, Apple branded RAM is just more trusted and reliable.