Can you use Apple pro speakers w/ an ibook?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a flat panel imac I upgraded the speakers on and just recently got a g4 ibook. Is there an addapter to plug in the apple speakers to the ibook?

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yeah, that's something I've never understood. iBooks have -- or at least had -- the "ring around the 1/8" plug" thing going on, but the Pro Speakers won't fit. Can you plug the old iPod remote into it? What would be the point?

• Reply 3 of 6
    tsk77tsk77 Posts: 14member
    Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsk77

Thanks!

Yep, wolfeye nailed it. Of course, if you really want a jammin sound system, you'll complement those Pro Speakers with an iSub for the absurdly low price of $39.99

You're Welcome!

</nickburnscomputerguy>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Yep, wolfeye nailed it. Of course, if you really want a jammin sound system, you'll complement those Pro Speakers with an iSub for the absurdly low price of $39.99

You're Welcome!

</nickburnscomputerguy>

That is what I did and it sounds VERY nice. You'll reall want an iSub with your pro speakers though because any bass makes them sound like shite. I was worried I spend $60 (or however much they are) for speakers that sounded horrible till I got my iSub. Now music couldn't sound better. Well at least not until I save up for my E5's!

The biggest drawback to the iFire is that it's an amp. So that when you plug and unplug the miniplug from the computer it makes a loud buzzing noise.

I have an extra iFire if you want to buy it off of me. I'll sell it to ya for $20...but you'll have to supply your own FW cable because I use the one they gave me for an external HD (I like it because of how short it is). I'll give you a different miniplug cable too. I'd part with everything for $30 though
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dglowdglow Posts: 147member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Yeah, that's something I've never understood. iBooks have -- or at least had -- the "ring around the 1/8" plug" thing going on, but the Pro Speakers won't fit. Can you plug the old iPod remote into it? What would be the point?

I believe this ring was designed to support the original iPod remote.