Reporting A Post

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I was just doing the "Who's Online" thingy and noticed that there were about twenty Guests that had Reporting A Post as their current state. I'm assuming that's what it says when someone gets all in a tizzy about a post and feels inclined to tell a Mod. Are the mods being bombarded by unregistered folk constantly reporting posts? Or are user names hidden so no one knows who is reporting a post? Just curious. Maybe I should report this post to a mod a see what happens.

Maybe a horde of unregistered users will report this post because they think I'm accusing them of reporting too many posts.

Maybe I should just go to bed and stop posting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I'm assuming that is a bug. Because I've seen stuff like that too. Usually 25 or more people are looking at the same thing, and they are all guests. I really doubt that it's actually happening. I just shrugged it off as a bug.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    vBulletin has bugs? Heavens to Betsy, what a dreadful idea!

yeah, it's probably a bug. Yeah, you should probably go to bed. I don't think we get that many reported posts...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    There was a point in my life that the later it was the clearer my thoughts were. This is clearly no longer the case. Though it would be pretty funny if at any given point a quarter of the people on AI were complaining about posts.

\
  • Reply 4 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    often it is the spiders such as google that try to click on every single page. unless your rights are set as moderator or superior, you normally see any non-user as "guest".
  • Reply 5 of 6
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

often it is the spiders such as google that try to click on every single page. unless your rights are set as moderator or superior, you normally see any non-user as "guest".

that is quite an explanation, isn't it?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    barbara, do you want me to get to vB control panels, see "who's online" and get the full user agent reports and upload that picture somewhere so that you can see? Unless you have full mod rights or higher, you can't always see e.g. all bots identified. So what you see "guest" may be aimbot, googlebot etc.