safari bugs, any fix

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have been using 10.3 for a month, along with safari 1.2.1 and the new mail software. Immediately after installation, the search option on ebay does not work. Emailing apple is a joke, bug reports don't bring answers, and ebay says it is incompatable with Safari. Does anyone have a fix? How can I reinstally OS 10.2 over 10.3?

So far, i have not been overly impressed by the upgrade. Mail is quite slow compared to the older version, and I really never had a problem with 10.2.

Anyone help please?

Thanks,

Rich

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    admactaniumadmactanium Posts: 812member
    wow. what is it doing? i've been using ebay consistently and it hasn't had any problems.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rmolkrmolk Posts: 4member
    Hi:

When I try to access a search from any of the available options, like favorite searches, my ebay searches, advanced search, any at all, it directs me to an ebay error page saying that function is not available now, try later. Of course, when I use IE it works just fine. Additionally, this happens every single time, day or night, every day since first installation.

This means I have to use IE to do any ebay business, and it is painfully slow.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Hello:

Threw out safari today, downloaded 1.2 from apple and reloaded. I still have the same problem; no search capability is possible for ebay. Anyone have any anwers? Is this my own idiosynchracy?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I think it might just be you. Can you even access the Advanced Search page or does it not let you even do that?

I was able to perform an advanced search with no problem. I was even able to access my Favorite Searches.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    Have you thrown out your safari prefs and caches? If you allone have a problem it will likely be there. You could also try creating a new user, and see that this corrects the problem.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    OK, it's just me. I tried throwing out all things safari and downloading 1.2.

Got the exact same problem.

Frustration mounting, I hit the reset safari button.

It works. I can search to my heart's content. Of course, I no longer have any bookmarks. The old ones have to be somewhere in my trash, and I know one of you knows how to find them and shove them back into the new, working Safari.

Things could be worse. My son's college friend's PC has been overheating and resetting, probably because the fan has stopped, and it is selectively eating bits and peices of hard drive, slowly eliminating programs everytime it starts up again. I like my macs.