It's that time of year again. . . For a Red Bull thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Many imitations these days, but still nothing does the job as well. For those wonderful days when you decided to:

1) Not do any work all semester for EE 482, "digital signal processing."

2) Not start studying until the day before the final.

3) Go out to the rugby fight night, and then have to don the gloves unexpectedly.

4) Win the fight, but after having absorbed one good shot in the noggin

5) Study the whole night with a cranial feeling of strangely detached euphoria.

I should be OK for the exam. Despite the no work thing, I had a pretty good deal of Analog SP knowledge before hand. But there's still no escape from the cram session.

Yes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You know something? I never once had a Red Bull prior to working for the studio I am at now, thinking the drink was some bizarre concoction of Zima and Jolt (or some such). But the owner of the studio and one of the employees there swore by it.

We were in the middle of a long shoot one day and the orders were given for three Red Bulls. Low and behold, they're pretty damn good. Straight I mean. I had tried the old Red Bull and Vodka on the Slopes of Mt. Doom (also known as Big Mountain Montana) earlier this year but that doesn't count strictly speaking.

And even though it's expensive enough that I still won't buy it for home consumption, it's pretty darn good... the energy it gives you is not that kind of caffeine / sugar OD were you get all jittery and distracted. I at least, am more able to concentrate after a Red Bull, vs. say a handful of cookies.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Actually, I've had Red Bull several times... and it doesn't come close to the energy (D-Ribose?) of Sobe Adrenaline. Plus, Adrenaline tastes better.

• Reply 3 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Plus, Adrenaline tastes better.

Pssh. Just another lame spinoff.

And, might I add, you are incorrect. The taste of Red Bull cannot be beat. If you think otherwise, there's something wrong with your tastebuds.

Yes.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    Actually, I'm not incorrect. Taste is subjective. I prefer Adrenaline over Red Bull. Hey, if you want to miss out on some good tasty energizing sweetness... go ahead, your loss.

I'll stick to my Adrenaline...... and Monster Energy. That's a good one too. I like the diet one.

• Reply 5 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Actually, I'm not incorrect.

Denial can be a bitch.

Yes.

(this whole thread has been a product of mucho caffeine, and what is probably a mild concussion. Don't try to talk sense into me now.)

Yes. 8)
  • Reply 6 of 27
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    if ur looking for adrenaline, look no further than the adrenochrome, made from the adrenal gland of a live human. rip that fucker out, and drink till you trip.

red bull aint a terrible taste, but its not like great or nufin. goes well cut with some yeager.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    Quote:

(this whole thread has been a product of mucho caffeine, and what is probably a mild concussion. Don't try to talk sense into me now.)

Yeah, well... I haven't had my caffeine yet.

I'll be going out soon to get my

• Reply 8 of 27
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member

of course, the real kick in Red Bull is the 1500mg of Taurine,

described on some cans in Asia as "Essence of Male Bull"

(like there's any other kind of Bull)

Testosterone precursors... mmmmm </homer>
  • Reply 9 of 27
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    As for can art, while I like the original Thai version of the Red Bull logo,

I'm surprised manufacturers don't leverage truth in advertising by using pics of the real ingredients.

From the excellent collection at FSU's Digital Electron Microscopy Lab

Stimulating both visually and neurochemically.

Caffeine

Taurine

Testosterone
  • Reply 10 of 27
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    you guys should try out one of our clients beverages called Grüv. Its pretty good and its basically an alcoholic red bull

Grüv

Plus its packed with taurine so its illegal in mexico!

Don't ask me anything else tho I just did wrote the radio ads, did a couple of outdoor boards, and some free pickup weeklies.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Red Bull is a two bit substitute for the original energy drink.

• Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Red Bull is a two bit substitute for the original energy drink.

Coffee in this country sucks. It's either perculated piss or some pricey brew. A Red Bull is about $1.25, and it gets the job done in a way that coffee doesn't. The B-Vitamins and whatever else in there prevent the caffiene-low from hitting you so hard.

Yes, $1.25. I buy them in bulk, and I don't even need to brew them.

Interestingly enough, I absolutely dominated that exam. I was shooting for a C, given the whole "I'm graduating, have a job, and don't care" thing. But I'm safely in the B range, and most likely in the A range. I really should get drunk and beat up more often. . .
  • Reply 13 of 27
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Green tea extract is the best. Pop a few of those pills and you're good to go.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I just cannot get into the whole coffee scene, and age isn't helping either. I have yet to understand why anyone would want to pay money for a dark, bitter drink that is a massive diuretic, first thing in the morning, every morning. Guh!

And it's not a matter of "good coffee vs. bad coffee". I've partaken of some quality stuff in my day... everything from home-ground Joe at the local breakfast diner to the fancy shit at the Ritz Carlton, and of course Starbucks, Caribou, etc. It all tastes like crap unless you put some cream and sugar in it, in which case why not just have something that tastes right from the start like hot chocolate?

I'll take hot chocolate anyday over coffee; coffee sucks.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Tesco in the UK started selling their own brand, it was about 90% close, but you could get 1 Litre for 49p. I bought 30 bottles last month, and promptly drunk them all in 2 weeks. Strangely, the additives do jack for me, I just like the taste!
  • Reply 16 of 27
    I would drink more Red Bull if it wasn't so expensive. That said, a couple months ago, I was in the parking lot at school, with a few friends, packing up the two trucks we were taking for spring break (a week of camping in Jacksonville) when one of those tripped out Red Bull trucks pulled up (you know, the ones with the giant can on the back). It was evening and most people had left already. They stopped, talked to us for a few minutes, then handed us a case. It was totally free, and totally wonderful. A case of Red Bull is a good thing to have when you are driving 20+ hours, straight through the night.

I like Red Bull and vodka. It's never given me any trouble, but some of my friends have reported getting a little fucked up on that combination. Nothing like mixing strong stimulants with strong depressants .
  • Reply 17 of 27
    I stopped at a gas station in the hood a few weeks back... and besides the fact that they had slot machines in there, I also noticed their amazing selection of malt liquors and energy drinks. The two that caught my attention were Pitbull and Raw Dawg.... the main advertised ingredient in Raw Dawg is horny goat weed.

http://www.tharawdawg.com/
  • Reply 18 of 27
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Uh oh.... the "who's got the best stimulant thread".

I can just see the postings keep on coming all night long, getting more and more stream of consciousness as they go, people start quoting shorter and shorter bits of previous posts while their responses get longer and longer..
  • Reply 19 of 27
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Talking about Red Bull.. The New York Times discussed about it few days ago.

Personally, I don't touch those drinks
  • Reply 20 of 27
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Red Bull is a pretty standard drink for myself and a couple of others at work. It's funny cause at least one person in the group always just senses it and buys a few for everyone. But for a real kick I miss these diet pills that I used to get. Could go a whole weekend on those.