FCE "capture now has has reached the end of tape"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was able too capture the first tape in a project. After loading a 2nd tape I get the msg "capture now has has reached the end of tape" and stops capturing. What does this mean and how do I continue capturing. I tried shutting FCE down and restarting the mac but to no avail?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Typically, the couple times I have received this notice is not literally when the end of the tape has been reached, but the end of footage on a tape. IOW, FCE knows when it has reached a portion of tape that has nothing on it (blank), and will give this notice as a result. Do you have a large time gap between video sessions on the tape in question?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jassdjassd Posts: 51member
    No - I am getting this as I begin to capture a new/second tape at the beginning. Might there be and "end of tape" mark that was captured from the end of the 1st tape?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Not sure. Any chance you accidentally assigned an end-code to the tape (from FCE) when you cued it up?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Not sure what that is or how I would have done it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dr deepdr deep Posts: 63member
    is your souce coming directly in through your firewire or are you capturing through an a2d converter. if you are using a capture box like adc100 from canopus you need to make sure you have presed play in your capture window. other wise due to not having device control fce will think it has reached the end of the tape.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Source is thru Canopus ADVC100

double checked play button bot still having Timecode problems
  • Reply 7 of 7
    solved the timecode problem - video in cable was about an 1/8th of an inch out. thx for help