Would you like to see another fast and the furious?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would like to see another fast and the furious. Maybe we can see what happened to vin diesels character. How will vin diesel's charcter behave with Roman Pierce? Your thoughts please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    rara Posts: 623member
    Sorry, I only watch good movies.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Needs a slight name change to keep it on the edge. Maybe Furiously Fast or Fast and More Furiouser.

I don't know. Maybe more titties in there too.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Maybe for a title is 3x as fast and 3x as furious. Join Viva La revolution!

http://www.quagmiresmom.org/
  • Reply 4 of 16
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    About as much as I want to see another Scooby Doo movie.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    If they can get Steve McQueen, I'll watch.

Car movies just suck these days. Feck, I'd rather watch a Cannonball film.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Torque III-D!
  • Reply 7 of 16
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    3 Fast 3 Furious?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Sure, I want to see 3 Fast 3 Furious ..

Anything but the mid-aged white up-class couples suffering a marriage crisis when their kids are in college - type of movie (sorry, I forgot all the titles.. on purpose) that they will show on the long haul flights will do. Of course I rather get the things on the way I don't have to see so many long haul movies as now ..

How about some more sequels?

Texas Chaisaw Massacre 2

Requiem For A Nightmare

House of 1004 Corpses (wait, that's being done..)

Spotting more trains

Monster 2

Finding Nemo Again

Teddybears Inc (aka Monsters Inc 2)

Dumb and Dumberererer

Legally Gray (aka legally still blonde)

I Still Don't Care What You Did Last Summer

Fried Green Nopales

Another 28 Days Later

Dawn of More Dead

Bend It Like Beasley

Talk To Her Again

and so on ..
  • Reply 9 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

If they can get Steve McQueen, I'll watch.

Car movies just suck these days. Feck, I'd rather watch a Cannonball film.

It is true that the car scenes in FnF (the first) were lame. I never saw two, but I will probably rent the DVD sometime next week.

But in my opinion the chase from Bullit has been outclassed on many occasions in the last decade. Those cars they were running SUCKED compared to what's out these days. Today's cars are faster, handle better, and make for better chase scenes. Instead of counting hubcaps falling off, you're counting the amount of times that the crew had to replace the tires behind the scenes.

There are a couple of really great car chasing movies. Ronin comes to mind as the best.

With the huge amount of low to mid price compact sports car coming out on the market today, there are definitely plenty of cars that could be put into a FF3. With that said, "The 7 -still- can't loose."

• Reply 10 of 16
    But Ronin wasn't a bad piece. More of an atmospheric piece, to many unanswered questions perhaps, but cool.

No matter how good the chase sequences might be, the neon-ricer compact "customs" in tFatF never fail to be either lame or obnoxious. Where has the sense of style gone? Then you stir in some horrid acting over a lack of script writing and what do you get?

You can't compare to Bullitt, even with all the pretensious brooding overtones of that film, it's infinitely better than tFatF/2F2F.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

You can't compare to Bullitt, even with all the pretensious brooding overtones of that film, it's infinitely better than tFatF/2F2F.

I'm not comparing it to Bullitt, which was a better movie. A little slow at times, but better nonetheless. The japanese cars in FnF were all pretty ridiculous. Funny thing is that they were all show cars, and in the "racing" scenes they were never used. . . Electric Image took care of those. The race scenes, you heard it, were mostly fake.

Anyway, the Supra Paul Walker drives (after he spends "15 grand" on parts to turn a wreck into a show car that's selling for $120 grand) is, as I said, selling for $120 grand and it is a legitimately fast car that was owned by the former president of NIRA. The movie's RX-7 is also pretty quick (in real life.) Don't know about the rest. The point is not that Bullitt is worse, just that the cars in it are. If Steve McQueen were in a GT RX-7 (or even a supra, the overweight whale that it is) instead of that Ford POS, the guys he was chasing wouldn't have made it a block.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    I find the cars of the ricer generation equally lame. They may be impressive dynamic/mechanical achievements, but do the kids have to make them so hard to look at?

It seems like all they know is, big rims, slammed suspension, spoilers, absurd body cladding, loud exhaust and louder paint. Everything is guady and overdone. Nobody seems to be able to look at the design of a car and interpret it, they're just rehashing the same cliches. Crap!
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

It seems like all they know is, big rims, slammed suspension, spoilers, absurd body cladding, loud exhaust and louder paint. Everything is guady and overdone. Nobody seems to be able to look at the design of a car and interpret it, they're just rehashing the same cliches. Crap!

You're absolutely correct. It's as silly as the whole low-rider thing. The problem is that you don't notice all the people who have tastefully modified their ricemobiles. There are plenty of RX-7's out there that you wouldn't think much about until you saw them on the track. There are other cars like this too, but I'm just more familiar with the 7 crowd.

Of course, most Japanese cars until very recently have been so boring and uninspired design-wise that the goal was to distract people from seeing just how boring the car is.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    And plenty of classic customs are boring to, but the better stuff has had years of refining,a nd many of the cliches, while no longer original, are at least indegenous. Like a stretched tear drop tank on a Harley, it just belongs.

Most Japanese cars are still boring, but there are a few examples that aren't hard on the eyes.

The RX7 might just be the prettiest car from Japan in a long time. Kan Sei!

By contracst, the RX8 is all Look at me gimmickry, especially the interior, it's got nothing on the 7. It's bigger, but more cramped, and the exterior comes pre-riced (and not in a good way either).

The Lexus SC420 has some old school flair. The Nissan 350 isn't great, but it isn't bad. The Miata could be interesting if Mazda builds the Ibuki concept. Subaru has a cute little classic Alfa clone and may learn something about funky (but not fugly) from their exchange with Saab.

The G35 Sedan is nice to look at, the coupe is handsome but ultimately anonymous. The FX trucks are neat, and the Murano has a great look.

It does seem that there are finally some models with styling potentialm either in production, or queued up.

Others worthy of mention: S2000, pre-riced but in a good way; Accord sedan and coupe, nicely proportioned, and neatly drawn together. Edit: the new Mazda 3 looks good too.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    The thing that bugs me the most about the FaF movies is how everybody seems to always be downshifting when someone is catching up in a race. I mean, if you are racing somebody all out (theoretically speaking, that is ), why would you ever be 1 gear higher than you need to be? There shouldn't be a lower gear you can use- you should be in that gear already. You never see anybody shifting up- just endless scenes of shifting down and mad acceleration in reserve being unleashed. So reality would dictate that by the end of the race, everybody should be putting about in 1st gear, wheezing at sub 30 mph, right?

Better adherence to real physics would be a big improvement, too. Like in the 2nd movie where they engage the nitrous and then hit the rising drawbridge as a ramp? That's just plainly implausible because if you really hit a ramp with that kind of grade at that kind of speed, your suspension would bottom out so bad, it would collapse and fail with great drama. At the very least, you would put a serious bend in those pretty rims. No way would underside neon racks survive, either!

The movie license is certainly a viable one with the potential to entertain car fans, in general, but dear Lord are they going out of their way to alienate that group with fantasy, nonsensical depictions. I can only imagine it only succeeds in making the car scene look even more corny to a general audience. Basically all they have been doing is making a cool movie-length, over-glamorized, hip-hop culture music video that happens to have dressed up cars in it.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

The thing that bugs me the most about the FaF movies is how everybody seems to always be downshifting when someone is catching up in a race. I mean, if you are racing somebody all out (theoretically speaking, that is ), why would you ever be 1 gear higher than you need to be? There shouldn't be a lower gear you can use- you should be in that gear already. You never see anybody shifting up- just endless scenes of shifting down and mad acceleration in reserve being unleashed. So reality would dictate that by the end of the race, everybody should be putting about in 1st gear, wheezing at sub 30 mph, right?

Better adherence to real physics would be a big improvement, too. Like in the 2nd movie where they engage the nitrous and then hit the rising drawbridge as a ramp? That's just plainly implausible because if you really hit a ramp with that kind of grade at that kind of speed, your suspension would bottom out so bad, it would collapse and fail with great drama. At the very least, you would put a serious bend in those pretty rims. No way would underside neon racks survive, either!

The movie license is certainly a viable one with the potential to entertain car fans, in general, but dear Lord are they going out of their way to alienate that group with fantasy, nonsensical depictions. I can only imagine it only succeeds in making the car scene look even more corny to a general audience. Basically all they have been doing is making a cool movie-length, over-glamorized, hip-hop culture music video that happens to have dressed up cars in it.

But, did you know that the corvette crash was not planned.