Coffee Drinkers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How many coffee freaks are amoung us?

Drink it once a day? more than once a day? once or twice a week? or coffee = yuck?

What are your favorite coffees and do you take it black or cream and or sugar?

I like coffee from Starbucks, Coffee Beanery, any rich blend is usually good.

I do add cream and sugar most of the time.

How bout u?

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    espresso, with neapolitan or palermitan roast of of the beans.

when hot, as espresso, when ocld, as an americano.

with brown sugar. sometimes vanilla or cinnamon.

or as an other way, with almond / rice / soy milk/latte. no milk or artificial creamers.

i drink it to wake up, during the day, sometimes (as espresso) after meals .. 3-6 a day, 3-4 as normal.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    I'm a two cup-o-day drinker. I prefer pure Kona (I get it for free from a friend) but I'll drink other types if push comes to shove. I have a friend who married a girl who's father owns an Ethiopian coffee plantation so I get a couple of pounds of coffee from them every few months. Good stuff. Down the line I like Sumatrian, Java coast, then a good Arabic.

When I brew my coffee sometimes I add unsweetened dutch cocoa powder or I'll roast some almond slivers and toss those in or I'll drop 1/2 of a split vanilla bean into the mix.

Usually though I go with regular coffee (nothing added) with cream and a little splenda.

If I use real sugar (which is rarely) I stick with sugar in the raw.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

sometimes vanilla or cinnamon.

or as an other way, with almond / rice / soy milk/latte. no milk or artificial creamers.

cinnamon! Welcome to the club Gia! I add cinnamon to my coffee all the time.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 32
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

If I use real sugar (which is rarely) I stick with sugar in the raw.

You bring up something very noteworthy

Sugar in the raw is the only sugar I like in my coffee. It is just the best!

Fellows
  • Reply 5 of 32
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    *sips "Rocket Fuel" blend from the local coffee shop*

black. strong. hot.

Milk/cream/sugar/etc are only used to disguise mediocre coffee

If you can see through it, it ain't coffee.

*pours another cup*
  • Reply 6 of 32
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Just a pot in the morning to get me going....

There is nothing quite like the unwarranted optimism of a coffee surge.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    A "2 and 2" once a day. (Two shots of espresso with two shots of water.)

-Become ONE with the bean.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    inactionmaninactionman Posts: 618member
    I'm on my third pot today. I'm really sweaty. Maybe I should just drink some water.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Also, the coffee MUST be whole-bean, stored in the freezer, ground IMMEDIATLY before going into the crucible thingy.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I don't drink coffee at all. I find other ways to get my caffeine fix (i.e. Vanilla Coke).
  • Reply 11 of 32
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    mmmm. Coffee. a good thing to talk about.

I drink coffee everymorning, anykind, normally straight up, but if its really bitter some milk, but never sugar.

expresso is really good too, perfect for when i have to work (on a farm) till 10 at night without dinner. grrrrr. those nights suck. but they provide an excuse to buy expensive expresso from the coffee shop.

i like green tea at night before going out, cause coffee is just too harsh at night. exept for nights when you have to write long papers
  • Reply 12 of 32
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I do drink espresso, but not because of the caffine. I don't need caffine at all. As for Starbucks, I think their espresso is nasty. I prefer a nice trip to Italy and a stop off at any old bar.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    I've grown to dislike drip coffee makers and find that the french press is the way to go. My espresso is usually from the stove-top maker as well.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Turkish Coffee. . .

Tastes a lot like espresso, but takes far less time and requires almost no equipment to make. Just make sure to have to folks at the store grind it really fine.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i like coffee, i'm normally just too lazy to make it. luckily, at work, they always have a pot brewing. cream and sugar for me.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Turkish Coffee. . .

Tastes a lot like espresso, but takes far less time and requires almost no equipment to make. Just make sure to have to folks at the store grind it really fine.

Incredibly delicious. How would reproduce at home?
  • Reply 17 of 32
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

You need a brass/metal pot with handle - mix the coffee with a small amount water into a paste along with sugar (or else too bitter) and crushed cardamom. Cardamom is a must imo.

Then add more water to the paste, stirring till fully disolved and bring to the boil - now this is the secet of it: when it comes to the boil and nearly overflows, take it off the boil and let it cool down for a few minutes. Then boil it again till it rises and take off the boil/cool etc - do this three times to get the thickness/strong coffee effect - et voila !

Serve with water pipe....

That sounds about right. I usually eat breakfast while making the coffee, in the off chance that I'm actually having coffee for breakfast. You can get a turkish coffee pot for about $10 at most coffee shops or stores that sell coffee stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    mmmm coffeeeeee....

On weekdays, I'll typically get a latte or a 16oz "Redeye" (their robust blend) at this local coffee shack in the morning. I call it a shack because its this tiny drive-thru thing. Usually its just the one drink in the morning, though sometimes we'll brew a pot of something typical (Folgers or whatever) and I'll nurse it all day.

Weekends I'll usually brew a half pot for myself (wife has one small cup) and drink that all morning. We've got some foo-foo Hazlenut stuff right now that I've been taking with cream and sugar. So very suzy compared the Redeye hehe.

When we do get over to starbucks the we've been hooked on the Caramel Macciattos (sp?). Pretty much like a latte but with just a bit of caramel flavor and sweetness. Not nearly as sweet as a Mocha which gets to be a bit much for me.

Unfortunately right now, I'm drinking a cup of black gunk. Was running late this morning and had to opt for the deli downstairs in our building. They really do have the worst coffee down there, but I was desperate.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    During the day cold brewed coffee, at night after waking up hot brewed...
  • Reply 20 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

What about coffee infused deserts ?

Tiramisu has got to be the all-time winner for me. Specially after a hangover - but then it is crammed full of alcohol too....

I don't like tiramisu. Tastes too creamy and turistic for me.