'The Incredibles' new trailer posted

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i would maybe post this on that other site but i may change my user name, so i will post it here

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Maybe it's just blind Apple centrism, but Pixar seems to have such a better feel for this than Dream Works and Shrek.

Shrek (and judging from the trailers, Shrek 2) just comes off as kind of lumpy and trying too hard.

Whereas Pixar's stuff (and judging from the trailer, that includes the Incredibles) always seem to have "the magic touch".

Part of it is the design work, I think-- they just know how to make a beautiful image, you get the feeling they have real artists working over there. Whereas the people at Dream Works -- not.

Also, the character animation is so much more compelling, IMHO.

For instance, take a look early in the trailer, just after the city fly through when the camera comes in on, I guess, "Mr. Incredible". He struggling with his clip-on mic, and muttering to himself about being able to burst through walls but having trouble with the mic. As he says his, he glances up without moving his head much, at someone apparently off-screen, and it's just such a natural and perfectly timed moment, it really sells the humor. Very low key, but really great.

And Pixar's stuff is always filled with these kind of moments, where-as the Shrek franchise seems to pitched at a much broader tone, and has a kind of mean spiritedness that creeps in. Plus, gotta say, the movies are just ugly.

It makes perfect sense that this would be Job's place-- a lot of the refinement and intelligence in Pixar movies remind me of Apple, which, I guess, makes DreamWorks/Shrek the PC of CG features. Which really fits, when you look at them.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    actually the new trailer is here

the other one is old but i think it's the first time it's been posted on the web
  • Reply 3 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Looks good. I think people will be pretty receptive to it. When Finding Nemo was announced it didn't sound too exciting but once you got to know the characters it became a nice flick. I think The Incredibles will be the same way. One of these characters will capture the attention of the public. The animation looks good for what they've quickly shown ...I'm sure that Pixar attention to detail will be evident.

I'm definitely going to see it on the big screen since I missed FM on the silver screen.

The Incredibles doesn't have to be mind blowing however. Pixar is still under Disney's thumb. I'm sure they want the most success they can get but their in good hands with Cars coming up next with the Director of Toy Story manning that one.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    yeah? i found this to be true with this movie. i didn't think it was going to be that good, but from the trailers, i've changed my mind
  • Reply 5 of 7
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Looks like it has the tongue-in-cheek treatment the Tick (live-action) had going for it.

If so, count me a huge fan... superheroes take themselves waaay too seriously.

Not much into Ripping Friends, Tick (animated) or other SuperFriends style stuff, but the comedy stylings of the Pixar plan as we've seen them play out so far stand to set this film apart.

I predict: instant classic... got some Chuck Jones/Tex Avery comic timing happening.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    yep. it will be bigger than Finding Nemo
  • Reply 7 of 7
    7e77e7 Posts: 146member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

yep. it will be bigger than Finding Nemo

Agreed. It will be a HUGE hit. Pixar has the formula for success and this movie will be no different.