PS and UTF-8 Error

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently upgraded my PS6 to PS7, the entire upgrade procedere went fine, until i launched ps first time. An error alert occured and told me: "At least one file is missing to operate ps7. I hit "ok", pondering what would happen now. Nothing noticeably happened. Ps is just working fine. Odd.

Than i served my curiousity and looked up the console, which keeps telling me:

Quote:

2004-05-17 13:33:03.978 Finder[254] CFLog (0):

\tCFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:

\tContents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Users/Hase/Programme/Adobe%20Photoshop%207/Adobe%20Photoshop%207.0/

\tThe parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

What does that mean, and how can i fix it (IF there is something to fix)?

I already know: UTF-8 has something to do with fonts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

What does that mean, and how can i fix it (IF there is something to fix)?

I already know: UTF-8 has something to do with fonts.

In this case, the system complains about improper encoding of Photoshop's Info.plist file, which is just a text file. This generally means that its encoding, listed in the beginning of the file, does not match the actual one. Nothing to worry about, because the parser will try a different encoding and the app itself will launch as expected. It's merely a note for the developers that they should have fixed it before shipping the product to you.

As for "At least one file is missing...", I've never seen the message. It sounds as if the Photoshop wasn't installed properly OR you should repair permissions. Try searching the Adobe forums for this error.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

... As for "At least one file is missing...", I've never seen the message. It sounds as if the Photoshop wasn't installed properly OR you should repair permissions. Try searching the Adobe forums for this error.

Thank you costique.

Well i've browsed through some adobe forums yet. Regarding the "At least one file..." error, though i've got it. I have upgraded from ps6, which is Macos 9 (was classic mode in X) to ps7, which is both 9 & X natively. Since i've got rid of classic and all classic apps a couple of weeks ago i wasn't quite aware that the upgrade from ps6 to ps7 somewhat required a classic sys-folder Now, at startup, ps7 complains about the lack of some classic support file, which the app expects in the "Application Support" library folder. It is odd and i do not understand completely, but it doesn't matter, because everything seems to be alright