When Do You Think The 4th Generation iPods Will Be Announced?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When do you think Apple will announce their new 4th generation iPods?regardless of what features (new scroll wheel, video out, color screen) you think it'll feature.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i haven't checked official refresh rates for ipod, but it feels like it's been sticking with the same basic function, style and layout for a while (i am specifically talking about the regular ipod... i do not consider ipod mini to be a revision 4 ipod... more like a rev 3.5a or something).

i think they'll keep the big one aroudn to appease those of us lusting after an enormous firewire hard drive and mp3 player combo, and the extra space gives apple a place to experiemnt with cool new technologies as soon as they come out, until they can be miniaturized for the mini.

that having been said, apple's still selling ipods hand-over-fist, so i think they'll take their sweet time getting the next major revisions ready. let's go with after august 1st. personally, i am ready for a color screen... i mean, hell, my FREE CELL PHONE has a color screen. it's not great, but it's still there.

but i want ot to be able to take 3rd party applications that can be driven on the ipod. like if ambrosia wanted to make a game specifically for the ipod, as opposed to havign to get them solely from apple ipod software updates. then again, at that point, you're kinda getting close to a pda, i guess. if they could just invent some way to enter text quickly with a scroll wheel, it'd be set.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    andiandi Posts: 4member
    Actually, I believe they might be announced the 7th or 8th June due to the ongoing 'Buy iPod, get Monster iCable' offer ending the 6th. Atleast that's what i'm hoping for since I really want to get one before i go on vacation.