Entourage 2004

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone successfully got this to work with a 5.5 Exchange server???

The damn thing refuses to work. Keeps giving me errors saying my Exchange server name is wrong. I've been running Outlook 2001 via Classic for over a year and it works perfectly. What am I doing wrong? <ugh>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Outlook 2001 uses MAPI to connect to the exchange server and Entourage uses IMAP.

I thought Entourage was Exchange 2000 compatible but not 5.5. You can still get it working only if Exchanage 5.5. has IMAP enabled. You will lose global address list etc anyway as you require exchange 2000, active directory and LDAP.

In Entourage add exchange account.

Account name = exchange server email account name

Account id = domain user name

passwd = domain password for domain user name

domain = NT domain name

exchange server = the name of exchange server DUH!

name = has nothing to do with anything on any server

email address = see above but you can enter the exchange smtp address if you wish.

on the mail tab make sure the smtp server is the exchange server.

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    Didn't work, but thanks for trying.

Well looks like I won't be buying 2004. I had heard that Entourage was finally going to support Exchange 5.5. I couldn't wait to finally dump classic off my Powerbook (Outlook 2001 is the ONLY reason I still have classic). I guess I either heard wrong or they decided not to support 5.5 after all

If anyone out there knows for sure one way or the other, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!