Sleeman

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I bought some in honor of the fact that a Canadian team made it to the finals. A Canadian friend recommended it once, and the local store happened to have some.

I bought the cream ale, because it was closest in the fridge. It's not really that impressive. In fact, it tastes kind of like the High Life I was drinking the other day. But one thing it does do, I must mention, is put me to sleep. One bottle of the stuff is like a sleeping pill.

You Canucks must be slipping valium in the export batch or something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Beer just fills me up. Red wine on the other hand knocks me out like Nyquil.

Mmmmmmm? sweet, sweet, Nyquil.

• Reply 2 of 3
    Sleemans is by far the worst Canadian beer ever! They did a great job marketing it the 30 something shmucks that think drinking overpriced shit out of a clear bottle make them cool.

You know when you're at a party and people use a bottle for cigarette butts and you accidently put your beer beside the butt bottle then grab the butt bottle and take a huge swig thinking it's yours and ALAS, foul butt beer. Yeah, that's way better than Sleemans. Foul, foul beer.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

Sleemans is by far the worst Canadian beer ever! They did a great job marketing it the 30 something shmucks that think drinking overpriced shit out of a clear bottle make them cool.

That was my verdict as well. There is one benefit, though, and that is that it looks so much like cream soda from a distance, which the clear bottle and all, that you can slide it past open-container laws easily.