Has anyone else noticed this about the Cinema Display?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
At my work we have all CRT's except we have 1 Apple Cinema Display (the 20 inch). I usually use a Sony CRT (I can't remember the model number but it's huge and has nice color) and when I then switch to the Apple Cinema Display I sometimes get dizzy. At least one other person at my work has mentioned this too. At first I thought it was just me but now I'm starting to think it might affect others too.

It's not like the screen is moving or anything it just makes me feel dizzy. It's very odd. Has anyone else experienced this from using an Apple Cinema Display?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr VanNostran

At my work we have all CRT's except we have 1 Apple Cinema Display (the 20 inch). I usually use a Sony CRT (I can't remember the model number but it's huge and has nice color) and when I then switch to the Apple Cinema Display I sometimes get dizzy. At least one other person at my work has mentioned this too. At first I thought it was just me but now I'm starting to think it might affect others too.

It's not like the screen is moving or anything it just makes me feel dizzy. It's very odd. Has anyone else experienced this from using an Apple Cinema Display?

Well, it could be that you are going quickly from a crt that uses refresh rates and even though its quick, when you switch to a lcd that doesn't your head may be having problmes adjusting.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    brentsgbrentsg Posts: 17member
    Last fall I tried using a Dell 18" LCD (very nice, btw) and immediately developed eye problems. I bought a nice 22" CRT and they went away.

I thought, no way could it REALLY be the LCD but when I went back to using it - they all returned.

I have no idea why this happened, but it definitely did.

B
  • Reply 3 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    weird... I can't be in front of a CRT for more than a few hours anymore. LCDs all the way...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I don't know what it is and it doesn't happen all the time but I would swear that it is caused from using a LCD monitor. I only use 1 LCD and so I can't compare different LCD's but it only happens when I use our Apple Flat panel. If I get the chance to use another brand of LCD I will compare it to the Apple Cinema Display and see how they stack up.

I notice it the most when I am working in PhotoShop or Illustrator and I have my document magnified a lot. I do this very often on my CRT monitor and I never get dizzy like I do when I use the Apple Cinema Display. I was hoping it wasn't the monitor because I have an Apple CRT at home and I am hoping for a nice 20 inch Apple Cinema Display when I get my next computer (who knows when that will be but it has to be at least a 20 inches).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    All my headaches stopped when started using LCD displays exclusively. I'll never go back to CRT.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

All my headaches stopped when started using LCD displays exclusively. I'll never go back to CRT.

Same thing.

- Xidius
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I used to work on a dual monitor setup that had a 22" Cinema and a 17" Sony CRT alongside. I never really got the same weird reaction from working on them, even though I would be on the system 50hrs+ a week. It did take a little eye adjustment but nothing too strenuous to me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    psgamer0921psgamer0921 Posts: 393member
    I use only LCD's at home, and at school, the color white on the CRT monitors makes me nauseous, so I have to dim it a bit. What's up with that?