[HELP] software update issue with a 1.5G powerbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there

I can use internet with my airport extreme card connected wirelessly to my router.

But the only thing I cant do is to update the software by 'SOFTWARE UPDATE'...

I can check the updates...when it comes up with the details of the updates, I selected them n OK....but then it stuck at 'starting downloading...'

but for about 20 secs it comes up with the message: cant download or cant connect to internet...

but at the same time I can use IE or SOFARI....

I think it might be something to do with my location settings...

When I 1st got the machine, I set the language to chinese, but location to the UK...i changed it back to 'both set to UK' but still doesnt work...

HELP!! HELP!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zhenboy

Hi there

I can use internet with my airport extreme card connected wirelessly to my router.

But the only thing I cant do is to update the software by 'SOFTWARE UPDATE'...

I can check the updates...when it comes up with the details of the updates, I selected them n OK....but then it stuck at 'starting downloading...'

but for about 20 secs it comes up with the message: cant download or cant connect to internet...

but at the same time I can use IE or SOFARI....

I think it might be something to do with my location settings...

When I 1st got the machine, I set the language to chinese, but location to the UK...i changed it back to 'both set to UK' but still doesnt work...

HELP!! HELP!!!

• Reply 2 of 2
    zhenboyzhenboy Posts: 10member
    problem solved...

but Im just wonderring if anyone can tell me a way to RESET my powerbook back to factory settings?

like the system is not yet registered so I can re-register the system....