Is This The New Apple Aluminum Display?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Now before you say fake... that this is a Photoshop job, the fact is that all official Apple photographs used on their site and in advertising are enhanced Photoshop jobs. It looks right on to me.

A couple more photos are available at engadget.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    The second image shows the support stand as one, unbroken strip of aluminum. Either it's a second design or the whole thing is fake...

Also, this engadget.com site doesn't know the difference between the WWDC and a MacWorld Expo, so that's a bad sign.
  • Reply 2 of 42
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Hey man, how are you..

This piccy has see quite a few threads so this one prob wont be around much longer..
  • Reply 3 of 42
    Oh yeah, and where's the ADC cable? And no more adjustability? I say fake.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

This piccy has see quite a few threads so this one prob wont be around much longer..

The first one has, but I haven't seen the second two before.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    so does like...the new display latch onto the g5 tower for transport purposes? cause that'd be sweet.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    I think fake.

First there is no adjustment allowed on the single sheet of aluminum (side shot)

Also the top and bottom pictures show the feet curving forward before flowing back - this is missing in the side shot.

Nice concept job, though.
  • Reply 7 of 42
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Wasn't this the "I was at a presentation put on by an Apple representative and he put this slide up on the screen with an aluminum display and PowerMac G5, then quickly moved on to the next slide (needless to say, I was shocked!); later, I did manage to recreate what I saw via Photoshop and posted it on such-and-such a website" picture? If so, it's not new.

I haven't seen the profile shot before, though.
  • Reply 8 of 42
    resres Posts: 711member
    I hope not the new display. There does not seem to be any way to adjust the viewing angle -- that would suck. (But it is pretty.)
  • Reply 9 of 42
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

engadget.com site doesn't know the difference between the WWDC and a MacWorld Expo, so that's a bad sign.

That had me rollin.

I think it's probably a mach up by the same guy's that do all those great ones at the apple collection
  • Reply 10 of 42
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Res

There does not seem to be any way to adjust the viewing angle -- that would suck.

How is this not adjustable? You can always adjust your table, it's that simple !
  • Reply 11 of 42
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    erm.....

it look like exactly the same picture of a much used g5 press pic where it sits next to a current apple display. It looks like someone only changed the display in photoshop. I'm not an expert in rendering but frankly I don't think it's a very good job, especially the darkening of the feet. I say fake without a doubt..

There is zero innovation in this design and it still lacks everything the current displays should already have. It is not hight or tilt adjustable, and therefore it doesn't go into portait mode either, a function I also feel is lacking in the current iMac.

Also I think it too closely resembels the PMG5..... it should be a bit more universal IMHO.

I think this would be a very easy upgrade of the displays and therefore very un apple.

my 2C
  • Reply 12 of 42
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    a very casual bump from behind would send that thing forward onto its face. It's not the least bit ergonomic, which is a step backward from the current series, which I just can't see Apple doing after the iMac G4.

I'll keep an edible hat handy, but I give this one a resounding NO.

CV
  • Reply 13 of 42
    This picture has been here quite a few times.. If im not mistaken, its even made by one from AI.
  • Reply 14 of 42
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    There is a part of me that does not want to see a new Aluminum display.

Why?

Because I will sure as hell want to replace my current 20" Cinema Display with one.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    kormac77kormac77 Posts: 197member
    This one is almost right!

And this one is 30 inch.

In the back side, there is Nice Bright backlit APPLE LOGO as Powerbook as.

And It is compatible with HDTV with modified DVI Port. And actually it is HDTV monitor!

By the way, there is more than one port.
  • Reply 16 of 42
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

Also I think it too closely resembels the PMG5..... it should be a bit more universal IMHO.

The only Apple product that would truly benefit from these displays are the PMG5 and the Powerbooks. This display (or similar) would work well with both.

Now if Apple would give true monitor spanning to iBooks and iMac...then it would be a concern.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

erm.....

great spelling ~ufo~ !
  • Reply 18 of 42
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kormac77

By the way, there is more than one port.

More than one port, kormac77? I can't resist the bait. We already have the ADC port, which I expect Apple to keep. USB ports don't count. What will the other ports be? Is there any chance that we will see a DVI-in port or even a lowly VGA-in port? If that were the case my 3-input ViewSonic ThinEdge, which I share between my PC and my 'Book, could be retired very soon.

Escher
  • Reply 19 of 42
    psgamer0921psgamer0921 Posts: 393member
    Everyone, he said that they WERE fake, and they are merely a speculation of what could come. No one else needs to call a fake here.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I don't like it, simply because it just "sits there" (no tilt, swivel, etc.).

It certainly looks nice, don't get me wrong. But I'd hope Apple (and the pic ain't one) would somehow take what they learned from the G4 iMac and make standalone LCDs that nice and positionable (is that a word?).