G4 Cube Powerstrip

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello,

I have a friend who's power stripe just fried during a power outage, dispite his use of a surge protector. Where can he get a new one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    I presume you're referring to the external power supply that came with his cube?

Ebay is probably your best bet, or you could try a few Apple computer repair shops. (check in your local phone book) Maybe one will have one laying around, though it's unlikely.

CV
  • Reply 2 of 9
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by timtalizing

Hello,

I have a friend who's power stripe just fried during a power outage, dispite his use of a surge protector. Where can he get a new one?

My first machine was a cube and after the wife and I moved to a new place we had a power problem that resulted in the same scenario. I would recomend calling Apple and running this by them. At the time I was still under my AC warranty and it was replaced within 3 days. Those guys are pretty helpful I'd reccomend giving it a shot.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Thanks, but the warrenty ran out last year. I found one on ebay for half the price of a new one. I hope that it is the power supply and not the monitor.\
  • Reply 4 of 9
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by timtalizing

Thanks, but the warrenty ran out last year. I found one on ebay for half the price of a new one. I hope that it is the power supply and not the monitor.\

Wait, what? The cube didn't come with a monitor.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

Wait, what? The cube didn't come with a monitor.

Not sure what you are alluding to here, but last I looked all computers need a monitor, whether it came with one or not....

• Reply 6 of 9
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Not sure what you are alluding to here, but last I looked all computers need a monitor, whether it came with one or not....

timtalizing said, "Thanks, but the warrenty ran out last year. I found one on ebay for half the price of a new one. I hope that it is the power supply and not the monitor. \", which confuses me for two reasons. First, the cube didn't come with a monitor, so there's no such thing a "cube monitor". Second, how in the world could somebody confuse a monitor with a power supply? They're about as related as a watch and a stereo.
  • Reply 7 of 9

how do you test the power strip to see if it is still working? we had power surge sat night  I had it working fri night ? thanks

• Reply 8 of 9

Originally Posted by sgtdjl View Post

how do you test the power strip to see if it is still working? we had power surge sat night  I had it working fri night ? thanks

Wait, on a G4 Cube? This thread is eight years old.

… I like how the thread is still in "Current Mac Hardware".

• Reply 9 of 9
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wait, on a G4 Cube? This thread is eight years old.

… I like how the thread is still in "Current Mac Hardware".

Your point being?  Looks over to Cube sitting in corner...

Also good to see the smilies are still borked!