Medea G-RAID Sexy new external Drives

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
[IMG]//www.medea.com/flash2/Graphics/Main/Green/UnitPictures/Unitpic-GRAID-frt.jpg[/IMG]

These drives are FW400/800

and go from 160GB to 500GB(two drives in each Chassis of course)

I guess they are supposed to be pretty fast. I love the casing..looks great sitting by a G5 or Powerbook.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    link?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    They look nice, but $299 for a 160GB? No thanks.

Link

• Reply 3 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Hey the 320GB version seem fairly priced. You never get a good deal buying the bottom unit. And these drives are supposed to be FAAAASSSST
  • Reply 4 of 6
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    I would say for people who want a clean look or use their machines in a professional enviroment...paying a bit more is worth it to have such a great looking external HD to match their G5.

Your only talking mb 20 more than other drives for a better look.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by SQUÅSH

I would say for people who want a clean look or use their machines in a professional enviroment...paying a bit more is worth it to have such a great looking external HD to match their G5.

Your only talking mb 20 more than other drives for a better look.

I agree. If you're going to have clutter it might as well look good. Let's face it...we're all labled as snobs anyways for enjoying the design talents of Jonathan Ive

I'm curious though. These drives are supposed to be fast. I can't wait to read the first review.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I hope my check is in the mail

Thanks for the plug on Appleinsider.com!

You may have noticed our G-RAID banner here on the COW to your right>>>>>>>>>>>. Like the banner says, G-RAID is the first "Professional Strength" FireWire storage solution...this is not marketing hype. Medea lives and breaths in the content creation world. We are experts in engineering storage products specificallly tuned for video applications and have been delivering them for over 8 years now.

G-RAID is no acception to this tradition. G-RAID will be the highest performance FW800 storage available when it ships later this month.

Bottom line is that G-RAID is not just another FireWire drive in a cool looking enclosure (although we did put alot of effort in to making it look cool!). G-RAID has been put through rigorous testing with SD, DVCPRO HD, HDV and DV material and we stand behind the products advertised capabilities. It will also store your MP3s, backup your stuff and transport media like any other FW storage.

In regards to price, I believe that the 320 GB unit offers the best bang for the buck at $399 and is price competitive with less capable dual-drive FW800 systems out there.

I know that you will love G-RAID if you decide to pick one up. Mac Mall/PC Mall and B&H among others are taking preorders now. The first units are currently scheduled to ship the week of June 14th.

Sincerely,

Roger Mabon

Medea Corporation