Appologies to the faithful

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm sorry to piss off most of you. I could have placed it in a more appropriate forum, but I was venting a little bit and did want to see what kind of response I would get from those who adore macs so much.

I do prefer my mac but I still maintain there is always something to go wrong that needs some fix that unless you search for fixes elsewhere is strangely not easily offered up through apple's website.

10.4.3 is a great OS. FCP 4 is a great program. Most apple programs exceed windows in user interface to some extent.

Apple's refusal to Support DVD-RAM is a big problem. It should be addressed.

In the future they should not put out hardware without the proper software to run it. Now that is in fact the case and not just with Adobe Apps.

Thanks for the feedback or lack there of by most of you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No PProblem.

Oh, and if you send me your copy of OSX 10.4.3, I'll see to it that you are made a moderator.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Thanks 10.3.4

and there's certainly not much much moderation in this forum.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    To be fair on developers they've been run ragged with the fast pace of OS development.

I think many of us are looking forward to things slowing down so that the OS can mature and all the niggling little bugs be squashed.

Nothing wrong with venting. Sometimes Apple pisses you off because they're so close..yet you want them to finish that last %20.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macanthrope: )

I still maintain there is always something to go wrong that needs some fix...

...Apple's refusal to Support DVD-RAM is a big problem. It should be addressed.

We know that there are always some bugs leftover that needs to be fixed. That's just the nature of personal computers. Are you complaining about the industry as a whole or are you implying that Macs have more bugs than Windows? If you are implying the latter, I have to question if you've actually used both platforms.

Not a lot of people put a lot of support in DVD-RAM nowadays. Is the DVD-RAM support that much better on the Windows side? I don't own a DVD-RAM drive so I don't know. If there are specific issues which Apple lags behind Windows, you should point that out. Your comments need to be more specific. Even then, please do keep in mind that the computer industry moves fast and old technologies die even faster. Maybe it's time to let go and move on.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Macanthrope... forums are for specific topics for a *reason*. Do not post inappropriately again just to get a bigger audience for *any* reason, okay?

Would one of the forum or global mods please *lock* this thread, or at least move it?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Macanthrope... forums are for specific topics for a *reason*. Do not post inappropriately again just to get a bigger audience for *any* reason, okay?

Would one of the forum or global mods please *lock* this thread, or at least move it?

I'll second that request.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Off to General Discussion we go.

Please pay attention to the forum topics, and post in the appropriate forum.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    greggwsmithgreggwsmith Posts: 523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No PProblem.

Oh, and if you send me your copy of OSX 10.4.3, I'll see to it that you are made a moderator.

If I send you 10.3.4 can I be a junior moderator?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No, but I'll send you some Junior Mints.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

No, but I'll send you some Junior Mints.

score