Mac OS X on someone elses X86.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
According to several forum sites there is a program that emulates a G3 pretty well for X86 that I just heard about.

There's more info at my site, plus a little more links including a guide.

http://www.willywalloo.com/index1.html

-laters.

walloo.

let me know if any of you guys are successful or not.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yes, it does.

With a speed hit measured in *orders of magnitude*...

It's a cute toy, but all it is right now. Frankly, it makes Virtual PC look like a speed demon.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    willywalloowillywalloo Posts: 408member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Yes, it does.

With a speed hit measured in *orders of magnitude*...

It's a cute toy, but all it is right now. Frankly, it makes Virtual PC look like a speed demon.

I'll bet, they said in some cases it was 1/500 the speed , and in others it was 1/40 the speed. But with installs taking a mere 30 minutes (best case), that seems like it would be much better than that.

Ya know?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Successful of what? We all use Mac's.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Successful of what? We all use Mac's.

NOT EVERYONE HERE USES MACS. But, still if you have a PC lying around, you now have a slow, OS X box.

Many people stop by around this time to see what's potentially coming out at WWDC or what not. I've got at least two friends that use PC's that check this place (although I don't know that they post anything).
  • Reply 5 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    99% of the posts by willywalloo are to promote his site

along with this duplicate post for a redundant thread...

how are his posts NOT considered spam?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

99% of the posts by willywalloo are to promote his site

along with this duplicate post for a redundant thread...

how are his posts NOT considered spam?

Man, like i do A LOT OF IT ! But thanks for the background check. I'll keep it to a min. If I wanted to copy/paste everything I find everywhere, I wouldn't use my site; but it's handy. The site is a hobby. In no way is it a commericial site.

99% of the posts you looked at just made you think that I'm here for advertising. This really isn't my forum of choice, so I guess I could see why someone would think that; I'm not here 24/7, and can't look everywhere all the time. Sorry I didn't SEARCH.

People like you: Just another reason TO KEEP COMIN BACK !

There are more "hatas" here than on any other forum. Try instead of picking 'fights,' to just PM me if you find it a problem. I probably only post maybe 3 topics a month. Maybe AI's servers have an inherently evil backbone?

And again, you accused me of SPAMMING Forums (3 topics/month) of a site that falls under the forums general subject? I would understand your case if I just put a link to my site and nothing else. But then again, THAT would be SPAM.

Is it raining in NYC by chance, that what caused this?

-walloo.

p.s. You weren't even a propagator of that thread, so I don't even see a reason for the comment.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    willywalloowillywalloo Posts: 408member
    Hey, on another note: there is a forum upholding this discussion. As my friend Paul has said, can be found:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...ghlight=PearPC

I'll be there !

-'loo.