possibke imac g5 confirmation

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
all right i found this over on macrumors on the blocked in china thread someone accidentaly let this slip read the last 3 lines

Quote:

by uncle zeppy : It used to blocked here in Shanghai but now it's working again. I thought first maybe the reason is the Apple store; you can check the prices around the world and then go to local Apple store and complain, and end up getting the laptop from Hong Kong or some other country. Then I realized the store is accessible directly (store.apple.com). The blockage was annoying mostly because even the Chinese website has always worked (www.apple.com.cn) there were some things I needed to see in English.

I think in the future things might be the otherway around, the Chinese Apple site will be blocked from outsiders. According to my source all the Apple computers are made in China and there will be cheaper models targeting the local market. The new iMac G5's are made here but production is very slow (lack of CPU's?). They must be just filling the pipeline.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Well it could be just a typo error.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Yeah, quite possible, but what strikes me is the sentence "but production is very slow (lack of CPU's?)". This fits perfectly to the 970FX situation.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

i dont think so if it was supposed to be imac g4 why would he say new or lack of cpus

i guess anything is possible
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Yeah, quite possible, but what strikes me is the sentence "but production is very slow (lack of CPU's?)". This fits perfectly to the 970FX situation.

It also fits perfectly to any chip Moto produces for Apple.