iPod Feature Request

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello,

With the new Express itunes product, it got me thinking. Apple could of had a low tech way of doing this a long time ago.

They should of made the pro-speakers with the ability to plug right into the audio-out ont he back of the iPod doc.

We then could just get extra docs and speakers around the house and just dock the iPod for all the music.

Now I know the express router is cool, but this could of been cool too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

Hello,

With the new Express itunes product, it got me thinking. Apple could of had a low tech way of doing this a long time ago.

They should of made the pro-speakers with the ability to plug right into the audio-out ont he back of the iPod doc.

We then could just get extra docs and speakers around the house and just dock the iPod for all the music.

Now I know the express router is cool, but this could of been cool too.

I have all the iPod I want. It is called a PowerBook and soon I will be able to stream that music to a HiFi system that is designed to deliver hi-quality sound.

I have heard the pro-speakers, and they are ok, but they are lacking, not as much as most computer speakers I have heard, but not as good as the speakers I have had for the last 20 years.

I know that most people can't understand the difference, but I can.

It is funny, when I have people over that have only heard songs on a standard car stereo, a god-forsaken boom box, as a low quality MP3, on their TV speakers, or even in headphones and then I turn on the same song on the stereo in my house and they are floored at the difference, sometimes they actually believe that I have a version of the song they have never heard before.

Most people don't give a second thought to quality, I do, and now Apple has finally given me a reason to upload my library of music into iTunes.

The lossless ACC codec was the start, and now the Airport Express is the final ticket.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

I have all the iPod I want. It is called a PowerBook

hows it work for jogging?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Peter North

I have never been a jogger that wanted to listen to music while jogging, or for that matter riding my bike. Anyways jogging with an iPod in the doc with a set of Apple Pro Speakers has to be very difficult. As for when I use my PB for tunes, it is on the train, at work, or at the house with a set of ear phones when I don't want to wake the neighbors.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mike peelmike peel Posts: 185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Peter North

You jog around the house?

Anyhow, surely you can do something like what you want to do at the moment? I don't know the Pro speakers specifically, but I know with most computer speakers they just plug into the mains and then into a 3.5mm Line Out jack - which the iPod dock has on it. I can't see a problem here...?

Ah, I see - Apple Pro Speakers have power over the 3.5mm line out. Solution; use other speakers. This Po3.5mm sounds similar to Apple's ADC, designed to reduce cables, and sounds to me like something you don't want to run off an iPod on battery power. Yes, I know you can plug it in at the dock, but the possibility remains that you just use Line Out and don't plug it in. 10 minutes battery life off full charge?

Anyhow, I ramble. Easiest solution; go shopping for a pair of Altec Lensing, or Creative speakers. Problem solved.