Why was my thread deleteed without notice?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I don't believe my thread ("More backstepping and doublespeak") was inappropriate or incorrect.

If the thread degenerated from that point, I don't understand how someone could simply delete the thead instead of locking it, and how whoever deleted the thread didn't even send a note about it to me.

I thought it was forum police to lock, not delete, and if I did something wrong, shouldn't someone tell me? If I didn't do anything wrong, then why was the thread deleted?

I am very angry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    What subject were you writing about, Tonton?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The merge is nice because it doesn't abruptly stop or eventually isolate any posts on a topic, the way a lock does.

It can be a little confusing, which is why we try to relabel the merged threads appropriately, but I believe (and hope) that it's a better solution as far as stimulating discussion.

That said, if you have any questions or concerns about a merged thread, feel free to ask.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Sorry, tonton. I should have put more effort into a new thread title -- just that I couldn't mash both of them together verbatim. That, and I was feeling lazy I guess.