Maxing PB resell Value

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
After months of hesitation between the PB 12" and 15" I have finally decided to go for the latter.

I can't wait to have it. It will be extreme.

Along the twisted path to reach the decision, I found several benchmarking sites, such as www.barefeats.com. It was there where I discovered the importance of having a 5400rpm hard drive, and the little relevance of going for 128 VRAM.

In addition, in my particular case, I don't really need DVD burning capabilities, so I could also get some money back from that.

For my needs, the 1.5Ghz, with Combo, 5400rpm and 64VRAM would be optimal.

My question though, is the following:

Should I spend a little more money now (with superdrive and extra VRAM), in order to have better resale value later?

I plan to sell the computer in approximately 6 months.

For me, the most important issue is the re-sale price of the computer off set against the current price. Therefore I wouldn't mind going for the most expensive configuration, if it will re-sell at a higher price.

Thank you very much guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wesleywesley Posts: 22member
    I say go for the most expensive configuration you can afford. Promotion is also a huge factor in resale value.

Check out this ebay auction. His auction looked very professional and his pictures were phenominal. The guy sold his rev.a powerbook for $2000. That's awesome for a 8 month old laptop.

Check out the auction here.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wesley

Check out the auction here.

That IS a top notch auction set up.