powerbook battery at 84% max

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
never having had decent battery time on my 15" 1.25ghz AlBook - usually get 2.5 hours at most, Airport and Blootooth off, screen half brightness - it's now refusing to charge over 84%, at which point the green charge light comes on.

I've tried resetting the battery manager with shift+option+control+power, but to no avail.

I've had the machine 8 months. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    durandaldurandal Posts: 277member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasonfj

never having had decent battery time on my 15" 1.25ghz AlBook - usually get 2.5 hours at most, Airport and Blootooth off, screen half brightness - it's now refusing to charge over 84%, at which point the green charge light comes on.

I've tried resetting the battery manager with shift+option+control+power, but to no avail.

I've had the machine 8 months. Any suggestions?

I remember reading some months ago that the energy display sometimes doesn't provide the correct battery status (e.g. 84% when the battery actually is at 100). Apple recommends using the PB until the battery is down to 0% and it goes into sleep mode. Then plug it in and let the battery recharge to 100%.

Not sure whether it'll work, just some idea/thought that came across my mind.

Greetings,

durandal
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    I've trieed that several times, as well as running Battery Update 1.1, but still no better.