Keep sending your TiBook Paint pictures!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Post removed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    hmmm I have a bunch of pictures that I took last year.... my TiBook was fixed by apple... but then again I had applecare

I have #10 and #2 popping up again tho...

let me see if I can find them....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vochvoch Posts: 28member
    I'm knocking on wood as I post this but my problems have been thankfully relatively minor. I have a refurbished TiBook 667/DVI that I bought in February 2003 (when the TiBook 867/1Ghz were the current models).

1. Keyboard leaving marks on the screen

-- This is fairly annoying; I just clean the keyboard and screen (and my hands ) frequently; I'm looking into getting an iSkin ProTouch PB keyboard cover

7. Poor airport range

-- it's definately weaker than my old iBook/500's was

9. Weak power-supply connector (plastic cover falling-off)

-- fixed by Apple under warranty (48 hour turnaround time)

I've often wondered if maybe my TiBook's case is a newer, "fixed" case revision?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i have a Powerbook G4/667 VGA with horrible paint chipping/peeling. While under apple care i asked an employee at macworld and they said it was not covered under applecare as it was cosmetic after which i ripped into him about how ridiculous it is for apple to not cover this.

since my applecare has ended and it has gotten worse and i dont know what to do. it makes apple look bad. everyone who sees it comments that apple must be cheap and makes poor quality products. and i honestly cant argue anymore, it's ridiculous the quality control problems they have had. we pay a premium, but i dont see why with this crap going on
  • Reply 4 of 4
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Applenut, I know what you mean. I've owned a Powerbook Ti 500, 550, 667 and a 1000. Each one had it?s own unique cosmetic problem ranging from chipped paint to broken hinges. I have been an Apple user since the IIgs and have always been impressed with their built quality, especially the PowerBooks. However it seems since the second coming of Jes?.Steve Jobs, Apple has focused less on making a product that last the times with the same marketing schema cell phone company?s are playing. Make it look exciting and shiny for the first day of ownership but make sure the materials used degrade fast. Apple is betting on people like Applenut dumping their notebooks due to a lack of cosmetic appeal for a new machine. Apple has less then 5 percent of the market; I bet this is one way for them to keep us coming back. Who wants a one-year notebook that looks like it?s three? Heck it worked on me, hence the ownership of four Ti's.