Another f*cking problem with my new drive.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I installed Micromat Drive 10 on my firewire drive. When installing the program the installer gave me a choice on what drive the installation should proceed. I choose my external firewire drive. Everything went fine.

When I download an update and opened the installer it only gives me the option of installing the update on my external drive, which of course isn't where Drive 10 is installed

Although the initial installation of Drive 10 on my external firewire drive went smoothly once I opened it and entered my serial the program told me it was a invalid serial#! Whatever!!!! I installed it back on my internal drive and of course my serial number went in fine. Anyway I really want to get everything back on my external drive to do with Drive 10 so any help is appreciated.

P.S Lacie the maker of my external hardrive, FAQ has been thus far unhelpfull and the disk which came with the drive only had programs for OS9 which my computer doesn't have. I understand that with OSX connecting an external hardrive is a piece of cake, but something is a miss here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    maybe some preference files were installed on your internal drive and so the external drive is looking for the preferences on the external?