PowerBook Shipping Time???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What is with the PowerBook's shipping time? The 667MHz model is scheduled to ship in 7-10 days. Does this mean new models or is it simply a long time to wait for a computer? I would not like to wait until August 24th to buy my PowerBook and have to wait a week before I receive it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    FYI: If you wait for the new Powerbooks to be released to order one then you will be waitin' a lot longer than 7 days to get your computer. Last time a new one was released it was like a month before you got what you ordered. This applies only if you want the newest rev.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Could be worse; mine was scheduled to ship "within the next 12 business days". I probably won't get it until a month after I ordered it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    That is both horrible and compelling enough to buy one right now instead of waiting until Jaguar ships. The productivity losses in the absence of a laptop would grow too much to justify Jaguar's $20 pricetag.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    I have never had a problem with ordering anything from Apple Store beside the site constantly asking me to recreate my password. Odd and annoying, it seems to go wacky with my password every 3-4 months or so...

Anyway, I ordered my computer through Apple Store like a year ago. It said 7-10 days, but I got it in less than a week.

In my experience, everything ordered from Apple Store has arrived ahead of schedule. I'm impressed with it, myself, and I hope my experience remains constant. I am sorry for anyone with problem, however.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    gwhylowgwhylow Posts: 22member
    [quote]Originally posted by Donny:

<strong>I have never had a problem with ordering anything from Apple Store beside the site constantly asking me to recreate my password. Odd and annoying, it seems to go wacky with my password every 3-4 months or so...

Anyway, I ordered my computer through Apple Store like a year ago. It said 7-10 days, but I got it in less than a week.

In my experience, everything ordered from Apple Store has arrived ahead of schedule. I'm impressed with it, myself, and I hope my experience remains constant. I am sorry for anyone with problem, however.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i agree, everything i have ordered from apple store on-line has arrived on or before the time stated. even bto computers. however, they built an apple store near my home in dc and i do have one major complaint. each time i go to buy some software that has come out....such as adobe photoshop 7, they never have the update product as quickly as i can get it at other places. also, i went to buy the new macromedia bundle (flash, dreamweaver, fireworks, and some other program), they still don't have the updated versions. so i know refuse to pay the extra money to buy any software from the apple store. i get the product i want at a lower price from one of the online stores (mac mall or whatever). i would expect they would put as much of the best software in their stores and they would all be the latest and greatest versions. well, this isn't what they do and they do charge more for software. i guess i got off subject...sorry..haha.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Anyone here know how long it takes to ship when ordering through the ADC Hardware purchase program?

edit:

I mean actual times, not what Apple says it will take.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: pyr3 ]</p>