Where is the Press Release

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Getting a bit worried we have not seen a 1-week press release touting how many Euro-iTunes sold.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I was thinking the same thing. Says to me that the numbers aren't worth shouting about. Can't say I'm surprised because, in its current form, the arrangement seems a bit piecemeal. On the otherhand, maybe that just means it's harder to split up the numbers? Not likely.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    lucylucy Posts: 44member
    More likely they are saving the anouncement for WWDC as part of the keynote.

Edit: n/m http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2004/jun/23itunes.html
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Consider Germany + France + the UK make up 200M people, that's not bad. Obviously it's not as impressive the 1M sold in the first week after the Mac only launch. That was a year ago and the hype is obviously gone.

If the US store can sustain 3M+ songs a week. The UK/FR/DE stores should be able to pull in ~2M a week after a couple of months.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    franckfranck Posts: 135member
    It won't be so easy to achieve the 2M mark.

The European stores are very poor in local artists (Don't really know for the UK-store, but the French en German-stores lack a few well-known artists)

Apple must increase its catalog before.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Franck

It won't be so easy to achieve the 2M mark.

The European stores are very poor in local artists (Don't really know for the UK-store, but the French en German-stores lack a few well-known artists)

Apple must increase its catalog before.

They will. They just launched it. Give them time.