VPN in OSX

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does any one know how to set up a VPN connection in OSX 10.3.2? I tried searching but found noting of help.

Thanks,

-AG

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'm not sure of the details on how to set it up, but it can be done in the Internet Connect Application... File --> New VPN Connection
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by agallant

Does any one know how to set up a VPN connection in OSX 10.3.2? I tried searching but found noting of help.

Thanks,

-AG

http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/
  • Reply 3 of 8
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    What kind of VPN are you connecting to? Is it PPTP, IPSec, or Cisco? It's a little confusing but you use internet connection to set it up. Then if your using DNS servers and such you'll need to go into networking and paste them into the new profile for VPN.

If you want help let me know, I'm the VPN master ;-)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    nakneknaknek Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Here's a question for you ... when I was using Windows, it would let me still keep my Internet connection intact (so I could browse, check email, etc.) while I was using VPN. But I haven't been able to do this in OS X ... when I hook up to a VPN, it blocks the rest of my Internet connections. Do you know of a fix/workaround? (PPTP)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by naknek

Here's a question for you ... when I was using Windows, it would let me still keep my Internet connection intact (so I could browse, check email, etc.) while I was using VPN. But I haven't been able to do this in OS X ... when I hook up to a VPN, it blocks the rest of my Internet connections. Do you know of a fix/workaround? (PPTP)

just re-order your network connections in Network Prefs.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

What kind of VPN are you connecting to? Is it PPTP, IPSec, or Cisco? It's a little confusing but you use internet connection to set it up. Then if your using DNS servers and such you'll need to go into networking and paste them into the new profile for VPN.

which one would be best to use? PPTP, IPSec, Cisco?

• Reply 7 of 8
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    VPN master...

i need to connect to a Checkpoint VPN. at the moment i use the windows client through virtual PC as there is not an OS X client.

any ideas if i can connect to that through OS X VPN?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Use the link to the 3rd party VPN client above, apple's built in VPN client doesn't work with checkpoint.