the new iMac 17" and iSub

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
How's the sound quality of Pro Speakers? Anyone knows what if iSub can be using with them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Pro Speakers are pretty much OK for their size and iSub will add a little extra punch to the sound, but for serious listening use a USB audio adapter like the Griffin iMic and hook up to a good HiFi system
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ddmaddma Posts: 19member
    But I have heard that iSub does't work under OS X, how about 10.2?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    ......the iSub has it's own separate volume control in 10.2 [along with your pro speaker's volume control]
  • Reply 4 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by ddma:

<strong>But I have heard that iSub does't work under OS X, how about 10.2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

he does

(I have one..)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    if you're going to spend $200 on speaker stuff, get the Swan M200s from av123.com

much better quality then you'll get from any kind of isub / speaker combo.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I have a 15" LCD iMac and its speakers are okay. But I had an iSub from my PREVIOUS iMac DV and, of course, use that with my new one.

Sounds good to me. Lots of bass and volume. I'm in a studio apartment, so it's not like I have to crank it to some ridiculous levels though.

I'm happy to hear that 10.2 includes iSub volume control! That and the software base station feature were the two things I was most upset to see missing once I migrated to OS X from 9.

Just keeps getting better!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I second the Swans recomendation, I doubt you can get anything better for $200.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The iSub would probbably be worth it....on the other hand, the pro speakers are really good sounding...