France Must Pay!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Powerdoc ! Are ye there?

Listen - I had drawn France tae win Euro 2004 in the office sweepstake and I stood tae make £27 if they won. Hah! Alas my ball has been burst alang wi' the French team's hopes o' glory. I must therefore ask that ye use your influence wi' the French Government tae register my sternest disappointment that their footballers' hae let me doon and cost me a considerable sum o' money. Intae the Bastille wi' them man! It is a terrible thing tae see one's dreams o' wealth and prosperity sailing awa' ower the crossbar o' fate's merciless goalposts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Poor Sir Mac. Personally I will not have put a penny on the french team
  • Reply 2 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    So who is left?

Portugal, Sweden, Greece and Denmark

Who is out?

Italy and Germany in first round, England and France in second.

I say lets divide the votes in the Parliarment according to the success in this tournament.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

So who is left?

Portugal, Sweden, Greece and Denmark

Who is out?

Italy and Germany in first round, England and France in second.

I say lets divide the votes in the Parliarment according to the success in this tournament.

Grat idear, Football has not the place it merit in our europeans countries : let's give it more importance, let football deciding of our fates ...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Grat idear, Football has not the place it merit in our europeans countries : let's give it more importance, let football deciding of our fates ...

Well according to 92* the euro would have been dead, no foreign policy voice, probably no enlargement (that word always look dirty on the internet) etc. EU would have stopped and not moved on at all. Even if I still regard most of the policy making around the Euro as wrong and an abolishment of politics that is not something I would have wanted.

*The year Denmark won and also voted against the Maastrict, an importent revision of the EU constitution.