Bush on RTE

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone see this? I was cracking my ass up. Bush got so mad at having a real interview where the interviewer actually tries to make him answer the question that the White House cancelled a scheduled Laura Bush interview.

Funny stuff.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Do you have a link to the interview or a transcript? I saw Bush get peeved at some lady interviewing him the other day. Is that what you're talking about? I didn't get to see the whole thing use Bush saying something akin to "Now just wait a second, let me answer the question..."
  • Reply 2 of 29
  • Reply 3 of 29
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They showed it on CSPAN the other day...
  • Reply 4 of 29
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    The questions she asked were given to Bush three days in advance.

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004_06_2...27936669658165
  • Reply 5 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004_06_2...27936669658165

I figured as much. He refused to let her deviate from the script he had rehearsed.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    Quote:

Ahh the laughs just keep on coming, perfect!
  • Reply 7 of 29
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    I watched the interview a couple of days ago. All the interviewer was asking when she "interrupted" was that Bush address his answer to the question she asked. Which he didn't. And if he was given those questions 3 days in advance, I would just love to see him doing a real interview, with unrehearsed questions, with a tough interviewer. It would be truly hilarious, but pathetic....and it won't ever happen.

If only the presidential "debates" (!!??!!) featured real questions from real interviewers. That would sort the real candidates from the fakes.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That real file just crashes my player...?
  • Reply 9 of 29
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why Scott how convenient...nah just kidding! Same here, either crashes or doesn't load. I don't get how come people still use Real.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Why Scott how convenient...nah just kidding! Same here, either crashes or doesn't load. I don't get how come people still use Real.

Because it's the only cross platform streaming format. QT doesn't work on Linux. WMP doesn't work on Linux and barely works on Apple. MPG works on all three but doesn't stream.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Quote:

If only the presidential "debates" (!!??!!) featured real questions from real interviewers.

In a perfect world John Stewart would get picked to moderate the Presidential debates.
  • Reply 12 of 29
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    It's so embarrassing being an american when our president can't even get out his practiced lines in even a slightly respectable, or even coherent, manner.

I also feel bad for anyone that doesn't realize that his advisors that come up with his scripts think americans are all dumb as rocks. Of course, if you don't then you probably are.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    John Stewart actually comes across to me as a capable serious journalist. Or semi-serious. He could do either. He really is great, he's like my new Tom Brokaw. I'm going to miss him he's good but has a good sense of humor too, that's important.

Hey, that Real stream doesn't work on Real9 on OS X but it does work on the new Real10 beta. The new Realplayer is a LOT better. Even though it doesn't conform to OS X it looks neat and the interface is thought out. Might be the basis for a cool OS X Theme even!
  • Reply 14 of 29
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Because it's the only cross platform streaming format. QT doesn't work on Linux. WMP doesn't work on Linux and barely works on Apple. MPG works on all three but doesn't stream.

LOL...Linux...

I sincerely doubt Linux users (or Mac users) are factored in when major sites decide to deploy their content in Real. They care about Windows users, period. Unless it is a geek site.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Is it any more obvious that he is a figurehead, incapable of all but the shallowest comments about the world, badly butchering his own talking points at times? This was President Bush's most confident performance in a while.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    He was a real dick to that lady. She had legit questions. How can you defend the way he acted?
  • Reply 17 of 29
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    He is a dick.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

He is a dick.

I can see that objectivity is out the window, but I will point out what I noticed:

She hit almost every one of the liberal press' talking points, which is OK but she could have asked him anything, she just defaulted to the talking points. It was pitiful.

The interview was completely negative, and the president was trying to stay positive. She tried to trap him in the religion thing as the FLW always does.

I did notice that he sat there and listened to her statements and waited till she was done to provide the answer. He asked her to let him finish 5 times, if I counted right. She interrupted him no less than 7 times, 4 or 5 times in mid sentence. he did not ask of her anything he wasn't willing to abide by.

I think she showed disrespect to him and the most powerful office in the world. He is the President of the United States of America after all, wether you agree with him or not.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

She hit almost every one of the liberal press' talking points, which is OK but she could have asked him anything, she just defaulted to the talking points. It was pitiful.

Speaking of liberal press:

Quote:

?With the benefit of minute hindsight, Saddam Hussein wasn?t the kind of extra-territorial menace that was assumed by the administration one year ago. If I knew then what I know now about what kind of situation we would be in, I would have opposed the war.?

Liberal press? Think again. As far from liberal as one could possibly go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/29/po...29buckley.html

another nice quote:

Quote:

Asked whether the growth of the federal government over the last four years diminished his enthusiasm for Mr. Bush, he reluctantly acknowledged that it did. "It bothers me enormously," he said. "Should I growl?"

You aren't a conservative, naples, and you don't even understand what being a conservative means.

The "liberal media" scam is a delusion held by people desperately avoiding reality.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Speaking of liberal press:

Liberal press? Think again. As far from liberal as one could possibly go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/29/po...29buckley.html

another nice quote:

You aren't a conservative, naples, and you don't even understand what being a conservative means.

The "liberal media" scam is a delusion held by people desperately avoiding reality.

I won't get into it with you, but it is widely known that the media is liberal. There are studies to prove it and for every 1 quote you give proving otherwise I could show you 20 (I am being conservative of course) proving it is. NY Times? Reality? They are so far from reality, they think Moore is a documentarian. They think Kerry's voting record is moderate.

First I am a Bush lover now I'm NOT a conservative. I am so confused...