Thumbnail mystery

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have done a search and found similar posts but no definitive results so bare with me if this is redundant to you. I have created some bootpanels in photoshop and want the thumbnails viewable not the pdf document icon. The folder has about 20 other images behaving properly in thumbnail view but there are some that wont preview the thumbnail?

When I "get info" the thumbnail is on the bottom but the "viewable" the little thumbnail at the top is the PDF document. I am using os X 10.3.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    I'm not sure about PDF, but I use sips for JPEG and TIF images. Type sips -h in Terminal.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    xdedxded Posts: 41member
    What do you mean in the terminal? I am not sure where the terminal is in photoshop? I am fairly inexperienced with the software, if you could be a little more specific?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Sorry, I should have read your question twice. Since you are saving them from Photoshop, go to its preferences (Cmd-K), 'File Handling'. Make sure Macintosh Thumbnail is checked. Then try opening and resaving misbehaving files. By the way, I'm not sure how PS handles multilayer files when saving them in PDF. Compare 2 files, one of which has a thumbnail and the other doesn't, for layers, alpha channels and paths. Hope this helps.