Party Shuffle and Shared Libraries

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone else notice that you can't use Party Shuffle with a streamed/network iTunes library. My iMac houses my 20GB library of music, and feeds it to my stereo via an old Powerbook. I'd love to use Party Shuffle to cue up songs, but iTunes doesn't support it.

Also, I fear that Airtunes will suffer from the same problem. The best remote currently available is a Powerbook running iTunes, but I bet it won't work to broadcast shared music from iMac to Powerbook to Airtunes.

Anyone with any info, please comment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Something along the same lines that makes me upset is that you can't stream iTMS songs over the Rendezvous sharing built into iTunes unless the other copy of iTunes has your username and password too... what's the point of having it then? I am not going to give some stranger my account info! It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? In the iTMS Europe QT video, SJ makes a big scene of having another guy walk onto stage with a HP laptop and being able to stream music. Even though there is no copy of the music being made, DRM strikes again!