Flow Chart

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Any one know of an open source flow chart program for OS X? I looked on sourceforge but didn't find any thing.

-AG

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    OmniGraffle should do the trick. And it most likely came with your system.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noleli2

OmniGraffle should do the trick. And it most likely came with your system.

But OmniGraffle's not open source!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Why do you say that? AFAIK it doesn't come with PowerBooks or Power Macs. It only comes with iBooks, iMacs and eMacs sold in about the last year. LOTS of people buy PowerBooks and Power Macs or have systems more than a year old.

I think that's the opposite... well for me it was : it came with my Powermac but not my iBook.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The One to Rescue

But OmniGraffle's not open source!

I'm as big an OSS proponent as the next person, but for 99% of the consumers out there, the only thing that matters to them is free-as-in-beer.

Which OmniGraffle is, for some Mac purchasers.

Hence, it may or may not be what they're looking for, depending on what Mac they bought. (Much more likely than them looking for source code to tweak, no?)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I'm as big an OSS proponent as the next person, but for 99% of the consumers out there, the only thing that matters to them is free-as-in-beer.

Which OmniGraffle is, for some Mac purchasers.

Hence, it may or may not be what they're looking for, depending on what Mac they bought. (Much more likely than them looking for source code to tweak, no?)

Since the guy was talking about Sourceforge, I assumed he was looking for some source code to work with. But I guess you must be right.

Anyway, I'd definitely love to see Omnigroup apps to go Open source : I'm sure they'd be incredibly nice Cocoa tutorials!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Actually, check out the developer section on their website, they *do* have a lot of source code up there, all nicely documented. Much of it is the same code they use in their products.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Cruise around the Fink repository. I'm sure you'll find a couple of OSS apps that fit the bill. I know kivio has been ported to Mac via Fink.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Actually, check out the developer section on their website, they *do* have a lot of source code up there, all nicely documented. Much of it is the same code they use in their products.

Hey, thanks for the info! That's really sweet!!