How much for this computer...?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but the Announcement over at Current Hardware makes this look right.

How much could I get for a Power Mac G4 QuickSilver 733, stock options, plus built-in Zip? I'm seeing prices on eBay @ $300+ with "Reserve not met" posted along side. Others that'll hit $600 until closing.

Anyway, said machine will be gotten rid of (dumpster, most likely unless I save it) in 2006 (fives years from purchase, '01). So my real question is, how much do you think I might be able to get for it then ('06)?

The monitor isn't worth much, and definently won't be by then. (17" CRT, very poor quality).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macserverX

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but the Announcement over at Current Hardware makes this look right.

How much could I get for a Power Mac G4 QuickSilver 733, stock options, plus built-in Zip? I'm seeing prices on eBay @ $300+ with "Reserve not met" posted along side. Others that'll hit $600 until closing.

Anyway, said machine will be gotten rid of (dumpster, most likely unless I save it) in 2006 (fives years from purchase, '01). So my real question is, how much do you think I might be able to get for it then ('06)?

The monitor isn't worth much, and definently won't be by then. (17" CRT, very poor quality).

steal it now, ship it to me and I pay 200$
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Completed auctions on ebay for QS 733s are $600 - $1100, depending on options. A five year old G4 now, say a Sawtooth/400mhz, is going for $400ish. So I would say in 2006, you could get at least $300 for the QS.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    It seems to be $1 a mhz
  • Reply 4 of 5
    macserverxmacserverx Posts: 217member
    Thanks, I'm just trying to get a feel, cuz if I play my cards right I might get an entire lab full. (The singularity of the topic starter, was used for accuracy in your posts, being envious and all, and was also written in such a way as to not be false information) Now let's see 20 * $$$= $$$$$.

I plan on getting the whole deal in writing as soon as possible, if I can arrange it, this isn't anywhere near a done deal.

The Zip drive would be purely for backwards compatibility in this day and age. It's basically a add $0 item, and maybe even be a negative due to IDE take up and labor, not matter how simple to remove it and put in a nice drive (optical or otherwise).

Yeah, so sorry for the misleading, I just needed to protect my potential investment.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

It seems to be $1 a mhz

that is a rip off, what if apple did that, 3600$ for the entry level g5, and when we do hit 3 ghz, $6000?

if this truely is the case then used apples are a friggen rip off.