Maya Unlimited on 9th of August! SIGGRAPH!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Over at another forum an Alias customer with annual maintenance support, said he got an Alias Maintenance email saying that the "9th of August" Maya Unlimited for OS X would be available for download.

That just so happens to be SIGGRAPH. I wish they streamed the keynotes from SIGGRAPH. That would be the shizzle.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Great news! I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Siggraph before because Apple was never a player. This year is definitely the exception. I'm hoping that Apple perhaps announces a partnership or two. I'm hoping that Luxology shows off Modo<finally> and that Maxon releases R9. Oh and last but now least OpenGL 2.0 hits with great demos and immediate support from Nvidia.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think we'll see RenderMan Server w/RenderMan artist tools (MOTR) on a G5 w/Maya Unlimited on Mac OS X, and we'll finally get to see just how impressive this is going to be. Pixar had said the G5 was going to be the future choice system for rendering in 3D last year.

I don't think the Luxoligy app was that near completion yet, but I guess it could be.

I wish I could go.